The DELIVER organization within the Integrated SC organization strives to deliver an exceptional customer experience through leading critical customer-facing functions such as distribution, customer service, logistics, and transportation across the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
DELIVER manages a complex network of Distribution centers (DCs) and Customer Service centers across Asia-Pacific supporting multiple distribution channels to J&J’s broad range of customers. Since 2013, DELIVER has undertaken a complete review of its network and consolidated its footprint while driving best-in-class distribution operations, leveraging a third-party logistics sourcing base.
Purpose of the Position
- Lead strategic initiatives and programs for APAC region.
- Drive operational excellence implementation, deploy new capability, and implement cost improvement initiatives for the region.
- Execute using tools and disciplined methodologies such as Project Management, Lean, Six Sigma, Business Cases, Data Analysis, Technology Systems & Solutions, etc. to implement and deliver results.
- Participate and contribute to long-term business planning including roadmap for key strategic initiatives and long-range financial planning.
- Support the implementation of JJOS & Cost-to Deliver initiatives at both local country and site levels including execution of the diagnostic, creation of the implementation plan, and the execution of the transformation projects.
- Drive strong end to end project management governance for strategic initiatives and programs for APAC region to drive operational excellence, deploy new capability and implement cost improvement initiatives.
- Participate, contribute to, and support the development & implementation of strategic initiatives, such as (but not limited to) cost-to-deliver, warehouse cost benchmarking, JJOS Lean projects, training and capability development, warehouse & logistics process improvements, supply chain optimization & consolidation, product portfolio rationalization, technology systems & software solutions deployment, supplier performance management, warehouse transitions, publish guidance documents such as playbooks, etc.
- Responsible for maintaining, and updating project plans, ensuring that all milestones and tasks are being adhered to ultimately leading to successful implementation.
- Coordinate with internal & external cross-functional stakeholders including global, regional and local countries as well as 3PL and consultant partners where applicable to ensure alignment and successful implementation.
- Ensure appropriate communication plans and channels are effective & efficient between all levels of the programs, project teams and stakeholders.
- Monitor and ensure all risks are being managed and communicated transparently in a timely manner so that appropriate escalation can take place when required.
- Provide support, guidance & governance as required to deliver on specific objectives and milestones.
- Develop playbooks for new capability deployment and ensure knowledge sharing from global and other regions.
- Incorporate FPX (or project management) methodologies to drive flawless execution.
- Participate, contribute & support long-term business planning including roadmap for key strategic initiatives, long-range financial planning, and regular financial updates.
- Support analysis/assessments to identify improvement opportunities and quantify benefits.
- Execute & support JJOS model in Deliver sites: Preparation, Onboarding, Diagnostic, Design, Plan & Implement at the Regional level.
- Implement, support & maintain the Cost-to-Deliver dashboard tool and perform data analysis to identify opportunities for improvement and drive initiatives to reduce cost across the APAC region.
- Bachelor’s degree in project management, engineering, business, finance, operations management, or supply chain.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience in Supply Chain, Strategic Operations or Project Management.
- Strong leadership, influencing, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely across all levels of the company in English.
- Solid project management experience.
- Knowledge of quality/compliance, supply chain, operations, and logistics.
- Analytical and process oriented, with strong critical thinking, problem-solving skills & attention to detail. Proven experience with data analytics to identify insights.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a highly complex & dynamic environment. Cross-functional experience with multiple supply chain pillars (Plan, Make, Source, and/or Deliver) and with key supply chain partners (Finance, Legal, RA, QA, Commercial, Etc.)
- Regulatory, legal, transportation and logistics (order to cash) experience highly desirable.
- Results oriented and able to independently create and deliver; self-starter / entrepreneurial.
- Strategic / big picture-oriented thinking and good communication skills required with ability to work with local site teams and senior leadership.
- Flawless Project Execution (FPX) methodology experience highly desirable.
- Process Excellence skills & experience
- Experience & understanding of Warehouse, Transportation, Customer Service and Supply Chain excellence standards.
- Strong business acumen and understanding of the end-to-end supply chain.
- Experience in managing large scale projects / programs.
- Strong people management skills and ability to persuade and influence others.
- Proven track record of developing and building diverse, high-performance teams with a strong sense of mission.
- Ability to collaborate and build strong partnerships internally and externally with customer focus.
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills
- Green Belt six-sigma / Black Belt preferred
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, depending on location and subject to local legislation, candidates offered employment may be required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or, in certain countries, secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work. If you are invited to interview for the position, your recruiter will advise on the vaccine requirement status in your geographic location.