Janssen Inc., a Johnson & Johnson company, is recruiting for a Medical Science Director – Prostate Cancer, located in Toronto, Canada.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Inc., is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies. Please visit www.janssen.com/canada/ for more information.
The Medical Science Director – Prostate Cancer, is responsible for providing Medical and scientific leadership to a cross-functional team. This role is responsible and accountable for providing high level, evidenced-based, clinical and scientific expertise to internal and external partners, support to cross functional teams identifying barriers and opportunities and implementing medical affairs tactics and initiatives. The successful candidate will lead Evidence Generation Processes in collaboration with the therapeutic area team and in direct communication with the global organization. He/She/They will provide scientific support for evidence generation activities including local Phase IV clinical studies and Investigator Initiated Studies. He/She/They will also work closely with external sites to ensure seamless integration of the new assets into the health care system.
- Develop and deploy the medical strategy for the Prostate Cancer TA in alignment with internal Janssen stakeholders and incorporating input from the external landscape.
- Collaborate closely with internal stakeholders as co-lead of the cross-functional TA business team to align on portfolio strategy.
- Secure required resources to execute the Medical Affairs Plan and manage the resources appropriately
- Lead and partner in interactions with key individual stakeholders to provide input and decision-making into short, medium, and long-range solutions to ensure appropriate data generation and data communication strategies.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key accounts, external investigators, opinion leaders and relevant health care professionals involved in the delivery of TA care or engaged in TA studies.
- Liaise with physicians and centers to obtain and review relevant patient specific medical information.
- Identify opportunities to gather relevant information via Scientific Advisory Boards, including strategic development and tactical execution of these activities.
- Maintain up-to-date scientific expertise with regular attendance at key scientific/clinical/economic conferences, training sessions and preceptorships.
- Lead the Launch Readiness Process for assets in the pipeline.
- Actively lead and represent Canada on the global forums and liaise with multiple global partners to provide expertise and to ensure Canadian needs are met.
- Participates and represents Medical Affairs on internal Leadership Teams (segmented by Therapeutic area)
- Identifies data gaps for each product within the respective disorders areas and develops a Data Generation Plan Presents data gaps to Global team and actively participates in the research approval process
- Develops, conducts, and manages clinical protocols of high scientific standard in support of local initiatives.
- Champion Investigator Initiated Studies to meet Canadian needs & oversight of final deliverables.
- Responsible for publication strategy, planning and execution.
- Key Partner in company sponsored studies-develops strategy, protocol and hypotheses for phase 4 clinical trials, aids in the identification of sites.
- Investigator Initiated Studies (provide key central management, such as operational, clinical drug supply, administration, ad-hoc/post-hoc analyses, and Risk Management Programs (RMPs).
- Responsible for managing a team field-based Medical Science Liaisons to ensure execution of medical strategy and provide ongoing coaching and development
- A minimum of a PhD or MD degree (or equivalent) is required. Background in Oncology or GU-Oncology is preferred. Other advanced scientific degree may be given consideration.
- People management experience is preferred
- Relevant experience of 5 years minimum in a multinational pharmaceutical industry in a medical OR in a clinical function in the academic setting.
- Strong background in clinical research is a asset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with both scientific and lay audiences, are required
- Proven track record developing, presenting, and publishing clinical studies is preferred
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to work with and motivate team is preferred
- Strong project management skills and ability to impact decision-making with relevant stakeholders based on sound scientific knowledge.
- Bilingualism in English and French is an asset
- This position requires up to 25% annual travel (domestic and international travel)
Diversity and inclusion are central elements of the shared culture across the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. Attracting, developing and retaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities is essential to our success. We are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive and accessible work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their potential.
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional, and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work. For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com.