Sales Consultant [Trauma – Daytona Beach, FL] – DePuy Spine Limited Partnership
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world is recruiting for a Sales Consultant located in Daytona Beach, FL.
DePuy Synthes, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, provides one of the most comprehensive orthopedics portfolios in the world. DePuy Synthes solutions, in specialties including joint reconstruction, trauma, craniomaxillofacial, spinal surgery and sports medicine, are designed to advance patient care while delivering clinical and economic value to health care systems worldwide. For more information, visit www.depuysynthes.com.
Trauma/CMF: DePuy Synthes Trauma offers a comprehensive portfolio of trauma care solutions for the treatment of the most simple to the most complex trauma injuries using traditional and minimally invasive techniques.
The Sales Consultant has front-line responsibility for developing and fostering new surgeon and account-level relationships within a geographic territory. Sales Consultants are primarily responsible for the conversion of prospect surgeons/accounts and penetration of existing customers through incremental sales, handling a book of business. This role will drive sales by understanding customers’ needs, then developing and carrying out a sales strategy that fulfils those needs.
- Prospecting and Planning: Identify and qualify prospective surgeons and accounts. Develop and implement account or surgeon-specific plans and selling strategies to grow sales and convert new business.
- Achieve Business Plan Objectives and sales goals/quotas through accurate use of approved resources
- Product Sales: Drive product sales for all assigned products within an assigned territory or set of named accounts. Uses product and customer knowledge to present, demonstrate, and ensure proper utilization of products
- Customer Relationships: Gain access to the right surgeons and buyer points within an account. Build effective customer relations with key surgeons, operating room personnel and other pertinent hospital personnel
- Case Coverage: Maintain appropriate surgeon/resident contact with all prospects or newly converted customers. Routinely provides support to surgeons and OR personnel during surgical cases
- Customer Care: Strive to improve care for our patients. Service customer as a problem solver and maintain excellent response time and follow-up. Routinely educates Surgeons, OR and Central Supply Personnel through in-services and workshops
- Inventory Management: Maintain JnJ sales equipment and promotional materials in proper condition and use them to support territory efforts consistent with company policies and procedures.
- Handles and prioritizes competitive threats as appropriate
- Actively promotes new or special emphasis products and strategic selling objectives
- Implements a plan to achieve a balanced product sales mix in assigned territory
Employees may be eligible to participate in Company employee benefit programs such as health insurance, savings plan, pension plan, disability plan, vacation pay, sick time, holiday pay, and work, personal and family time off in accordance with the terms of the applicable plans. For additional general information on Company benefits, please go to: - https://www.careers.jnj.com/employee-benefits
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree + minimum of 3 years of professional and/or related experience or
- Associate degree or Medical Certification (CST, PT, etc.) + minimum of 5 years of professional and/or related experience or
- Minimum of 8 years of professional and/or related experience or
- Recently transitioned from Active Military Duty + minimum of 3 years of professional and/or related experience
- The ability to work in a lab/operating room environment.
- A valid driver's license issued in the United States
- The ability to travel, which may include weekend and/or overnight travel.
- Residence in or ability to relocate to the posted territory.
- Strong interpersonal communication, influencing, critical thinking and problem-solving skills required.
- Experienced in data analysis and have excellent problem-solving skills
- Results orientation/Prioritization
- Ability to work independently and autonomously
- Partnership and Collaboration - Ability to work in a complex reporting structure
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to understand, interpret, communicate, and work in complex environments
- Functional knowledge of human anatomy and physiology, basic knowledge of surgery
- Strong technical product knowledge of surgical instruments, procedures, protocols, and solutions preferred
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation. For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com.