Johnson & Johnson Vision (JJV) is recruiting Sophomores, Juniors, Seniors and/or graduate students for our 2024 internship or co-op positions within our Quality & Compliance (Q&C) organization. Positions located in the United States in Jacksonville, FL or Irvine, CA. At Johnson & Johnson Vision, our mission is to help people honor their eyes throughout their lifetimes.
Are you ready to help people see better, connect better, and live better? Here, your career breakthroughs will change the future of eye health with the goal of creating a future without preventable vision loss and blindness. And you’ll change, too. You’ll be inspired, and you’ll inspire people across the world to change how they care for themselves and those they love. Amplify your impact. Join us! When you join our family, you will work on projects that improve your leadership, analytical, and project management skills. Cross-functional teamwork provides an opportunity to partner with a variety of people in the organization across all our sectors; Pharmaceutical, Medical Device, and Corporate/Enterprise. We offer an interactive team environment, where your capabilities and skills will be developed to build a strong career foundation.
Quality and compliance overview
At J&J quality, professionals work across all sectors and come in many guises from the generalist to the specialist. Some are concerned with the creation or making of products, while some are part of delivery of products and services. Our Q&C roles offer breadth and depth allowing for growth and development in different areas. Q&C professionals are dedicated to protecting and strengthening our organizations by making sure that stakeholders’ needs are met – and ideally, that their expectations are exceeded. At a strategic level, Q&C is involved with governance where they make sure the organization is compliant and translates its objectives into outcomes. They’re also focused on increasing efficiency, reducing risk, dealing with compliance, solving problems, and employing process improvement tools such as Six Sigma in the products to ensure we meet stakeholder needs. Quality and Compliance is an important component in the success of J&J as it ensures our companies produce services and products consistently and effectively in addition to meeting global regulations to support our customers’ healthcare needs. Our technologically advanced corporate environment focuses on developing individuals in building their skillset in areas like business, engineering, and science.
Life as a Q&A coop /Intern
University hires play an important role in enhancing our business. We plan to hire various disciplines within our organization for 2024 Co-ops or Internships. The intern/co-op program provides each student with real-life hands-on experience, coaching and mentoring, networking opportunities, as well as the opportunity to meet people from various schools throughout the country. Each role will be assigned to a single function with a specific project based on duration of role. Role duration for interns are typically 12-weeks, while co-ops assignments are a 6-month term.
- Co-ops typical term is May/June - December and Internship terms typically are May/June - August (dates are flexible)
- Some teams may offer an extended co-op/internship term
- Assignment may be virtual/remote, while other business critical roles will be onsite (on a hybrid schedule) and may require relocation
- Assignment area and work-site location will be matched to business needs
- Some roles may offer one-time housing stipend assistance if you are assigned to work onsite
- For roles that require you to work on site, transportation is the student’s responsibility
- Pay rate is determined based on the grade level at time of offer.
- This position is overtime eligible
- Employee may be eligible to participate in Company employee benefit programs, such as medical benefits, sick time, and holiday pay, in accordance with the terms of the applicable plans
- For additional general information on company benefits, please go to: _https://www.careers.jnj.com/employee-benefits_
-Intern/Co-op Program Perks include
- Career mentorship from seasoned industry experts
- Professional development programs
- Networking opportunities with JJV leadership
- Weekly intern/co-op events
Available Coop/Internship areas
- Quality Engineering
- Project Management
- Scientific Computing
- Data Science
- Data Analytics, Data Management, Statistics
- Customer Quality Investigation
- Software testing, hardware
- Programming/Database management
- Documentation Management
While locations/facilities have been aligned to our Internships and Co-Ops positions,.
- Irvine, California
- Jacksonville, Florida
- Biology, Microbiology
- Math, Chemistry
- Biochemistry/Molecular Biology
- Environmental Science
Information Systems: i.e
- Data Analytics
- Database Management
- System administration, analyst, etc.)
- Computer Science
- Data Science
· Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. and must not require sponsorship for employment visa status now, or in the future (ex. H1-BCandidate must be actively enrolled in an accredited University for the duration of a co-op assignment pursuing a Bachelor’s, Master’s and/or MBA
- Minimum GPA of 2.8 is required
- Completion of Undergraduate Freshmen year at an accredited University is required
- Availability to work full-time (40 hours/week) during the Co-op/Internship.
· Ability to provide transportation to/from the work location if on-site work is required
· Ability to demonstrate strong analytical and quantitative skills is required
· Excellent communication, presentation skills and leadership skills are preferred
· Ability to balance multiple projects and initiatives while executing results
· Must be a self-starter who works independently while contributing to the team goals
· Proven leadership/participation with campus programs and/or community service activities
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.