Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products, and services to advance the health and well-being of people. With $94.9 billion in 2022 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen. Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees, and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based healthcare Company, touching the lives of nearly a billion people every day. Our Family of Companies throughout the world compete in consumer, pharmaceutical and medical devices & diagnostics markets and have the skills and resources to tackle the world's most pressing health issues.
At Johnson and Johnson Vision, a division of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, we have a bold ambition: to change the trajectory of eye health worldwide. Through our operating companies, we deliver innovation that enables eye care professionals to create better outcomes for patients throughout their lives, with products and technologies that address unmet needs, including refractive error, cataracts and dry eye. In communities with greatest need, we work in collaboration to expand access to quality eye care, and we are committed to helping people see better, connect better, and live better.
The Training Manager, Digital/Selling is part of the commercial education team who will achieve an ambition of building a best in-class sales team that delivers high value to customers, community & stakeholders in alignment with regional strategy. As a critical member of the team, this sales training manager role is newly created to develop and implement selling skills training as well as to lead digital learning strategy and platforms for Vision APAC organization.
Look of success for this role is creating culture of continuous learning, building a happy sales team armed with in-field applicable knowledge and reducing time of deployment to a role in field. This role will serve both a direct model where the end-to-end strategy to execution is handled and an indirect model where the execution is handled by the market.
- Design, build, and deliver effective sales training programs to improve sales competency & sales manager competencies on an ongoing basis with a clear measurement & tracking of effectiveness
- Lead digital education strategy & manage digital education platforms – EyeLEARN & ECU as well as content - development, assigning & MIS reporting in partnership with global and local education partners
- Integrate adult learning methodologies into all sales training programs for both clinical and selling skill contents by designing interactive presentations, e-learning modules, videos, and interactive exercises, all tailored to accommodate diverse learning preferences.
- Improve & refresh the training operation for continuous evolution of competency development as per regional strategy
- Stay current with industry best practices, emerging trends, and new sales techniques to continuously update and improve training content.
- Collaborate with educational partners across the JNJ enterprise to gain insights into emerging technologies that can be incorporated to continuously empower JJV teams.
- Conduct regular joint field visits with the sales team to assess the integration of training efforts and to gather essential customer insights into the sales team's anticipated performance.
- Bachelor’s degree in science, Business, Education or Communication with professional certifications in training, coaching, or sales-related disciplines are advantageous.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in sales or sales training role in a B2B industry, with proficiency managing digital LMS platforms and multimedia tools for training content development in medical device industry, with proficiency in using e-learning platforms and multimedia tools for training content development
- Strong understanding of sales methodologies, strategic selling, negotiation techniques, and CRM tools like Sales force effectiveness, Tableau. Ability to tailor training content to various learning styles and skill levels. Effective presentation, facilitation, and communication skills.
- Key Working Relationships
Internal – Collaborate with stakeholders to align training initiatives with business goals and sales strategies. Provide ongoing support to ensure that sales teams have the tools and knowledge they need to succeed in their roles. Example:- local training DRIs, regional/local marketing for content collaboration, global education DRIs for strategy shaping/implementation
External – Based on needs assessments Identify, evaluate, and collaborate with external training vendors and experts to supplement internal training initiatives
- Ability to travel at least 10% to 20% as and when required
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.