Johnson & Johnson MedTech is recruiting a Sr. Manager of Electrical Engineering Manager for the OTTAVA Robotic Platform based in Santa Clara, CA.
Johnson and Johnson Medtech is a global leader in surgery with products and solutions found in almost every operating room around the world. We are redefining medical intervention by combining advancements in medical robotics, instrumentation, navigation and data science. Johnson and Johnson has made significant contributions to surgery for more than 100 years from creating the first sutures, to revolutionizing surgery with minimally invasive procedures.
Our continuing dedication to shape the future of surgery is built on our commitment to help address the world's most pressing health care issues and improve and save more lives. We are a diverse group of highly motivated engineers passionate about crafting and developing the next generation, groundbreaking, state of the art, robotic platforms that will change the trajectory of health care. We want you to join our team and share in the success of our mission.
Learn more at Surgical Robotics | J&J MedTech (jnjmedtech.com)
As a Senior Manager, Electrical Engineering you will lead a highly motivated and qualified team with a focus on electrical design of next generation surgical manipulator systems. You'll lead projects, mentor engineers and leaders, communicate within & across teams, and share your knowledge of electrical engineering design. You will be asked to be a technical leader, upholding the highest standards of functional excellence within electrical engineering while enabling results across the robotic program. Candidates must be self-motivated, independent and have a desire to thrive in a very fast paced environment.
- Lead an existing team of highly qualified electrical engineers and managers to complete design of complex electro-mechanical systems from prototype through production
- Partner with peers across multiple functions across the Robotics Program, including Engineering, Project Management, and Operations
- Technically contribute hands-on to design efforts at the PCBA and subsystem level where needed
- Drive documentation, test and failure mode analysis vital to releasing safe and effective medical devices
- Solve roadblocks and drive through logistical hurdles that emerge during design and development
- Build and influence teams though strategic connections and partnerships across the company
- Bachelor's in electrical engineering or equivalent field with 12+ (BS) or 10+(MS) years of related experience required.
- Proven experience leading and managing small teams (5+ years)
- Demonstrated experience driving technical execution in a large multi-functional team
- Proven track record of design leadership for product development (concept through launch)
- Comfortable with all phases of product development lifecycle including design, implementation, debug, verification & validation, qualification, and transfer to manufacturing.
- Experience in safety-critical applications inclusive of compliance to standards, risk management, and failure mode analysis
- Strong foundation in principles of electrical engineering
- Ability to read schematics and perform electrical debug using oscilloscopes, DMMs, multi-meters, TDRs, VNA, spectrum analyzer etc.
- Experience working with a variety of internal and external collaborators
Preferred skills and experiences:
- Experience with medical devices and IEC 60601 standards
- Experience leading both managers and individual contributors
- PCB design experience of low-noise analog, power electronics, high precision and high-speed digital design
Do you want to be part of a diverse team delivering innovative products to market? Apply today!
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
The anticipated base pay range for this position is $166,000 to $267,145.