Johnson & Johnson, Robotics and Digital (RAD) Solutions is recruiting for a Manufacturing NPI Engineer located in San Jose, CA.
Robotics and Digital Solutions, is part of Johnson & Johnson Med Tech. At Johnson & Johnson Robotics and Digital Solutions, we’re changing humanity's health trajectory, using robotics to enhance healthcare providers’ abilities and improve patients’ diagnoses, treatments, and recovery times. RAD was established in 2020 by integrating Auris Health, Verb Surgical, C-SATS, and Ethicon. It comprises three key med-tech platforms: Flexible Robotics (MONARCH®), Surgical Robotics (OTTAVA™), and Digital Solutions. Join our collaborative, rapidly growing teams in the San Francisco Bay Area (Redwood City, San Jose, and Santa Clara), Cincinnati, and Seattle. You’ll collaborate on breakthrough medical technologies that unite multiple subject areas to build a connected digital ecosystem that advances medical professionals’ skills and improves patient outcomes.
You will chip into the development of a sophisticated robotic medical platform. For a self-motivated individual, this is a unique opportunity to jump into the middle of a fast-paced environment, passionate about quantitative results and delivery of a platform that goes above and beyond.
The Manufacturing NPI Engineers at RAD are a highly versatile and dedicated group. They operate across multiple functions, collaborating closely with Research & Development Engineering, Quality Assurance, Manufacturing, Program Management, Marketing, and Regulatory teams to orchestrate every facet of Process Design, Development, Optimization, Validation, and Continuous Improvement throughout a product's lifecycle.
One of their most impressive strengths lies in their ability to impact crucial engineering decisions by providing precise data. This skill leads to the development of a product that is not only highly scalable but also readily manufacturable from the very first day of its commercial launch. Additionally, they excel at making critical trade-off decisions when the need arises, where balancing product performance and other factors is crucial for success.
The role of Manufacturing NPI Engineer will support the Instruments & Accessories (I&A) Monarch business unit in the RAD manufacturing facility in San Jose, California.
- Studies the existing processes to implement improvements on new products.
- Identifies, designs, and develops the vital equipment related to new product development.
- Responsible for preparing and innovating process and test specifications.
- Assists technicians and engineers with unusual problems.
- Responsible for purchasing and designing equipment that meets J&J standards of safety and environment requirements.
- Responsible for developing new manufacturing and assembly processes consistent with Design for Manufacturability for new product introductions in accordance with regulatory, industry, and J&J standards.
- Continuously seeks automation opportunities of new and predicate processes to reduce costs and improve quality.
- Coordinates, and performs qualification of new and/or improved manufacturing equipment and automation systems.
- Can supervise, coordinate, and technically revise the work of a limited group of technicians. Responsible for communicating business-related issues or opportunities to the next management level.
- Provides problem-solving and technical assistance to manufacturing operations to resolve process control issues for new processes.
- Participates on project teams to meet business objectives, including quality, financial, EH&S, and performance goals.
- Evaluates new technologies to improve process safety, quality, reliability, and efficiency. Implements digital solutions to solve problems and enhance process performance.
- Coordinates training of personnel on equipment operation and maintenance
- Submits Capital Appropriation Requests (CAR) for project funding.
- Responsible for ensuring personal and Company compliance with all Federal, State, local, and Company regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Adheres to J&J environmental and safety policies and guidelines.
- Accountable to the Johnson and Johnson Standards of Leadership (Credo Values, customer/Marketplace Focus, Innovation, Masters complexity, and Organizational and People Development).
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, any specialty is required; Mechanical, Biomedical, or Mechatronics are preferred with relevant Internship or co-op experience.
- Masters in Science or Engineering is preferred
Required Experience & Skills:
- Experience in medical device or pharmaceutical manufacturing
- Knowledge of good manufacturing practices and documentation for production processes.
- SPC knowledge and management of statistical procedures.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and social skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
Preferred Experience & Skills:
- Experience with Design of Experiments (DOE)
- Comprehension of standard costs and work standards
- Familiarity with engineering design documentation and drawings
- Strong problem-solving skills.
· The anticipated base pay range for this position is $89,000.00 to $123,383.50
This position will be primarily located in San Jose but may require occasional, onsite support at the Redwood City, CA facility. Ten percent travel domestically may be required.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career, and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .