Johnson & Johnson is recruiting for an IT Manager, Tax Technical Product Owner for a 2-year duration-based assignment , located in New Brunswick, NJ.
This is a project assignment for the duration of the requisite project work required, which is expected to conclude at or prior to 24 months from your official start date. At management’s discretion the position may be extended
Do you seek big, complex, ambiguous problems? Are you passionate about having a meaningful impact on the experience, effectiveness, and efficiency of your colleagues through innovative technology solutions? Do you want to be a part of a 134-year-old startup?
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Technical Product Owner will work at the intersection of business & technology to define strategies that combine a deep understanding of business goals, challenges, with technology solutions and extending them into development execution, value realization & ongoing product management.
You will support the tax technology products such as Vertex / DART / SAP Finance (S/4 Hana) but not limited to.
- Vision & Strategy Definition : shaping a ‘future proof’ tax business vision, strategy & capability roadmaps, and corresponding technology strategy & product roadmaps with significant decision-making latitude.
- Business Problem Definition : understanding and translating business problems faced by the tax function into a value case & comprehensive set of solutions spanning process, technology, data, governance & user experience.
- Solution Design: ensuring that product development efforts incorporate an approach that starts with experimentation to validate expected impact, includes human centered design, Automation to reduce run cost, adopts agile principles, incorporates external insights, required end to end process optimizations, and compliance engagement.
- Product Management: work in a product management environment to ensure roadmaps are oriented to deliver finance business & technology strategy, value creation objectives, and measurable key performance indicators.
- External Partnerships: leading vendor relationships and ensure that our needs will be met by our technology partners.
We believe that experience developing insight led strategy, crafting innovative technology solutions, experimentation, agile ways of working, intellectual curiosity, empathy, leading teams are crucial to enable you to be successful in this role. Furthermore, it is important that you are a great collaborator, who has the leadership presence to influence results and build a strong sense of collective team engagement.
Reporting to the Director, you would partner closely with Business Process Owners, Global Process Owners, and tax systems leads to enhance the entrepreneurial potential of technology investments.
- BA/BS degree is required.
- 5+ years of related experience working with Vertex or DART or SAP ECC6 FI/CO or S/4 HANA Finance.
- Technical expertise in at least one of the following areas: SAP Central Finance, Cloud infrastructure, Data strategy, governance, technology, or process definition.
- Strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Master’s Degree with focus on Computer Science or Computer Engineering; Economics or Financial Accounting; MBA
- Experience with all aspects of the product development lifecycle as well as Agile methodology.
- Experience in leading technical and / or finance teams; strong team-building skills.
- Tax/Accounting/Finance knowledge and related certifications.
- Experience with Project Management.
- Maximum of 20% business travel expected.
The anticipated base pay range for this position is $99,000 to $170,000.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .