At Johnson & Johnson MedTech Companies, for more than a century, with patients at the center and in partnership with those on the front lines, we have harnessed the power of technology and breakthrough innovation to elevate new standards of care. In an increasingly digital world, we are reimagining health – working to expand patient access, improve outcomes, reduce health systems costs, and drive value.
In surgery, orthopaedics, vision, and interventional solutions, we go beyond what’s next to help save lives and create a future where healthcare solutions are smarter, less invasive, and more personalized.
What you will do
Our MedTech Engineering Development Program (EDP) is a two to three year*Early-In-Career Rotational Program that offers exciting and unrivaled assignment experiences supporting a wide variety of highly specialized, cutting-edge sectors across the engineering organization, such as: Research and Development, Life Cycle Management, Supply Chain, Operations and Manufacturing.
- You will have opportunities to participate and/or lead in rotational assignments encompassing entire project or a large portion of a major project. This may include resolving advanced materials, process, inspection/testing or procedural approaches to advance a medical device through the pipeline process into full R&D, and potentially into commercialization.
- Support of products’ design development, manufacturing and commercialization, leveraging technical expertise to anticipate and proactively address challenges and risks.
- Increase the productivity of product’s design, improve the quality of projects, improve communications through documentation, and to create a database for manufacturing.
- Engineer capabilities required to develop and deliver automated medical devices - including requisite instruments, advanced imaging, and user interface / experience.
- Pursue a number of internal developmental training programs as well as externally recognized qualifications.
- Opportunity to work in a fast-paced cross functional, technologically advanced corporate environment in a program focused on developing individual engineers capable of pursuing careers across medical device businesses and high-volume manufacturers.
* The length of the program will be dependent on business and learning needs.
- Undergraduate & Graduate Engineering Degrees (Graduation dates between 2022-2024)
- The following engineering disciplines or specialties are preferred: Mechanical, Robotics, Electrical, Computer, Systems, Software, Chemistry, Materials Science, Biomedical and Computer Science.
- Up to two years of professional full-time postgraduate work experience (excluding internships, co-ops and military)
- The following concentration fields and/or skills are strongly preferred: Machine Learning, IoT, Embedded Software, Deep Machine Learning, Prototyping, Robot Design, Systems Reliability, Firmware and hardware integration.
- A minimum GPA of 3.3 is strongly preferred.
- Ability to work closely with technical and non-technical personnel and have excellent communication skills with the ability to influence others.
- Demonstrated excellent problem-solving skills, intellectual curiosity and a dedicated approach to achieving success.
- Validated leadership experience through extra-curricular activities, employment and/or internship experiences is required.
- Ability to work om-site and relocate anywhere in the United States as required by the program’s rotations – mandatory requirement.
Primary Locations: United States:
Massachusetts: Raynham, Boston, Cambridge
Florida: Jacksonville, Miami
Pennsylvania: West Chester, Springhouse
Texas: Irving, Houston
New Jersey: Somerville, Skillman, Raritan
California: Irvine, Redwood, Santa Clara, Los Gatos, Milpitas, San Jose, San Diego
The salary range for this position is $80,000 - $120,000/year.
The Company maintains highly competitive, performance-based compensation programs. Under current guidelines, this position is eligible for an annual performance bonus in accordance with the terms of the applicable plan. The annual performance bonus is a cash bonus intended to provide an incentive to achieve annual targeted results by rewarding for individual and the corporation’s performance over a calendar/performance year. Bonuses are awarded at the Company’s discretion on an individual basis.
This position is eligible for a sign-on bonus.
Employees may be eligible to participate in Company employee benefit programs such as health insurance, savings plan, pension plan, disability plan, vacation pay, sick time, holiday pay, and work, personal and family time off in accordance with the terms of the applicable plans. Additional information can be found through the link below.
For additional general information on Company benefits, please go to: - https://www.careers.jnj.com/employee-benefits
#MedTechEDP #MTEDP #JNJMasters #JNJBachelors #JNJMT #MedTechEngineeringDevelopmentProgram #JNJFullTime
About Johnson & Johnson
We embrace innovation—bringing ideas, products, and services to life to advance the health and well-being of people around the world. We believe in collaboration, and that has led to breakthrough after breakthrough, from medical miracles that have changed lives, to the simple consumer products that make every day a little better. Our over 130,000 employees in 60 countries are united in a common mission: To help people everywhere live longer, healthier, happier lives.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.