General Summary / 職務概要
The Data Science function within J&J Vision Japan is looking for an experienced Data Scientist who is passionate about designing, developing, and fielding data mining solutions that have direct impact to patients, customers, and professionals. In our commitment to promote enterprise data-driven culture, the Data Science Function is empowered to explore and analyze data to uncover insights, patterns and deep understanding that converts into true business value.
Reporting into the Sr.Manager/Principal Data Scientist, the Data Scientist will be responsible for researching and devising innovative statistical models for data analysis that develops valuable insights which answer business needs and uncover hidden opportunities. Using statistical and analytical methods plus AI tools to automate processes, he/she will work with business stakeholders to understand, analyze and visualize data to empower key business decisions across Strategy, Marketing and Sales teams.
The ideal candidate will have mathematical and statistical expertise, along with natural curiosity and a creative mind. While mining, interpreting, and cleaning our data, he/she will be relied on to ask questions, connect the dots, and uncover business opportunities for realizing the data’s full potential.
Duties & Responsibilities / 職務および職責
- Serve as lead data strategist to identify and integrate new datasets that can be leveraged through our platform capabilities, supporting success for consumer activation and customer engagement.
- Partners closely with the engineering team, Digital team, IT team & global counterparts in the continuous development of data strategy for Vision Care Japan.
- Proactively identify creative solutions, modeling techniques and new data sources available to maintain an optimal, up-to-date analytics/ data toolset.
- Partners with and influences with business stakeholders across Strategy/ MKT and Sales functions to identify, design, execute and visualize advanced analysis that answer key business questions/ present business opportunities.
- Developing prediction systems and machine learning algorithms.
- Leads and grows capabilities of Data Analysts & Spoke members. Develops learning plans to ensure effective knowledge sharing, and related team members maintain a high level of technical expertise.
- Continuously improve data access to make data FAIR (Findable, Accessible, Interoperable, Reusable).
- Partners with a cross-company/cross-country team of data scientists/experts to develop and maintain existing solutions and create new solutions.
Key Requirements (skills, competencies, experiences, / 必要要件 （スキル、知識、経験、資格)
- Programming Skills – knowledge of statistical programming languages like R, Python, and database query languages like SQL, Hive, Pig. Familiarity with Scala, Java, or C++ is an added advantage.
- Statistics – Good applied statistical skills, including knowledge of statistical tests, distributions, regression, maximum likelihood estimators, etc. Proficiency in statistics is essential. Advanced experience in pattern recognition and predictive modeling.
- Machine Learning – good knowledge of machine learning methods like k-Nearest Neighbors, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests.
- Data Wrangling – proficiency in handling imperfections in large dataset. Understanding of Big Data foundations as well as modern Data and Analytics ecosystems and technologies such as AWS and Azure cloud environments and services.
- Data Visualization - Experience with Data Visualization Tools like matplotlib, ggplot, d3.js., Tableau that help to visually encode data.
- Communication Skills – Track record of successfully delivering analysis/ insights to a technical and non-technical audience.
- Education - Masters or Ph.D. degree in a highly quantitative field (Machine Learning, AI, Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, etc.)
- Relevant experience - 3+ years of work experience in data science, analytics, business intelligence, software development, or business consulting. Experience in applying advanced analytical and statistical methodologies to solve complex business problems.
- Capability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- A self-starter with enthusiasm and flexibility, able to think logically end-to-end.
- Effective time management in complex, ambiguous, and deadline-driven environments.
- Fluent in Japanese and business level in English
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies in Japan strongly recommends prospective employees to complete the COVID-19 vaccination before or as soon as after joining our company to prevent the spread of infection among our employees and people around them as well as our customers and the community we serve, and to ensure our responsibilities are sustainably fulfilled as a healthcare company (except for those who cannot vaccinated with underlying medical conditions and other circumstances).