Johnson & Johnson is currently recruiting for a Sr. Director, Executive Compensation located in New Brunswick, NJ.
At Johnson & Johnson, we believe good health is the foundation of vibrant lives, thriving communities and forward progress. That is why for more than 130 years, we have striven to keep people well at every age and every stage of life.
Today, as the world’s largest and most broadly-based healthcare company, we are committed to using our reach and size for good. We strive to improve access and affordability, build healthier communities, and put a healthy mind, body, and environment within reach of everyone, everywhere. Every day, our more than 130,000 employees across the world are blending heart, science, and ingenuity to profoundly change the trajectory of health for humanity.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees, and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Sr. Director, Executive Compensation leads the strategy, design, and implementation of executive compensation programs, including base pay, short-term incentive programs, long-term incentive structures, and executive perquisite programs. This position is responsible for the design and implementation of compensation programs for the top executives, the Board of Directors, and all long-term incentive participants globally. The Executive Compensation team is also responsible for supporting regulatory ﬁlings and monitoring changes in the regulatory and competitive environment regarding compensation.
- Provide technical expertise on executive compensation strategy, design, policies, procedures, regulations, and compliance.
- Lead, influence, and collaborate with HR and business partners to shape our executive compensation programs to drive long-term sustainable growth.
- Prepare and coordinate materials for presentations to the CEO, CHRO, and the Compensation & Benefits Committee of the Board of Directors.
- Benchmark compensation levels and design at peer companies.
- Design, lead, and participate in transformation efforts to improve the effectiveness of our executive compensation programs and pay structures.
- Manage year-end, new hire, and separation-related compensation processes administration for senior executives.
- Prepare the Compensation Discussion & Analysis and compensation tables for the proxy statement and analyses related to other public filings in partnership with internal and external partners.
- Track proxy advisor policies and perform predictive analyses using ISS and Glass Lewis models.
- Monitor developments in executive compensation regulation, disclosure, and shareholder voting.
- Develop communications to ensure plan participants understand of the programs.
- Collaborate with Legal, Accounting, Tax, Audit, regional Total Rewards, and the Compensation and Benefits Committee’s independent consultant.
- Lead, coach, and mentor two senior managers.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Minimum of 12 years of functional experience in designing and managing executive and equity compensation programs on a global basis.
- Minimum of 5 years of people management experience.
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills.
- Concisely summarizing complex topics for senior leaders.
- Communicating with individuals at all levels of the organization and maintaining professional composure.
- Respectfully questioning or challenging the status quo or other proposals under consideration.
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Systematically breaking down complex problems into component parts.
- Focusing on details.
- Creating and delivering high quality work.
- Strong business and financial acumen.
- Managing multiple projects and priorities in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Partnering with other groups including the HR, Finance, Tax and Law departments.
- Quickly building relationships, gaining credibility, and partnering with leaders across the organization.
- Influencing outcomes when others are directly accountable.
- An MBA, Master’s/Ph.D. in HR, Business Administration, Finance, Economics, or related discipline.
- Healthcare industry experience.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
The base pay range for this position is $160,000 - $276,000
The Company maintains highly competitive, performance-based compensation programs. Under current guidelines, this position is eligible for an annual performance bonus in accordance with the terms of the applicable plan. The annual performance bonus is a cash bonus intended to provide an incentive to achieve annual targeted results by rewarding for individual and the corporation’s performance over a calendar/ performance year. Bonuses are awarded at the Company’s discretion on an individual basis.
Employees may be eligible to participate in Company employee benefit programs such as health insurance, savings plan, pension plan, disability plan, vacation pay, sick time, holiday pay, and work, personal and family time off in accordance with the terms of the applicable plans. For additional general information on company benefits, please go to: https://www.careers.jnj.com/employee-benefits