Manager, Digital Products & Customer Experience – Johnson & Johnson, HCS, Inc.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing, and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Janssen is committed to raising the bar on patient experience through the Patient Engagement and Customer Solutions (PECS) organization – that will create more personalized, seamless, and supportive experiences for patients starting treatments across the Janssen portfolio.
The Manager, Digital Products & Customer Experience, on the Digital Products Solutions (DPS) team, collaboratively develops and executes on the product vision for the digital connected experience for patients, caregivers, and providers across our Janssen portfolio. This includes having a user-first mindset and helping to build an integrated end-to-end offline and online personalized experience for our patients and their providers, while incorporating the full lifecycle and suite of digital products. You will apply our capabilities, technologies, and supplier/partner planning that reflect the evolving and future needs for patients and caregivers. In this role, you will build and maintain strong working relationships with partners across PECS, technology, marketing, sales, procurement, legal, healthcare compliance, privacy, and legal.
A Day in the Life
Every patient’s healthcare experience is unique – shaped by personal experiences and beliefs, the presence or absence of support networks, provider and payer dynamics, and socioeconomic factors. For many patients and their caregivers, the decision to start or stop a treatment is overwhelming. Janssen recognizes this, and wants to create an experience that is personalized, helpful, and hopeful.
Day-to-day responsibilities :
- Digital Product Management: Fulfill the product manager role within an agile development team by implementing and collaborating on the product strategy and roadmap, owning the product backlog, crafting user stories, and prioritizing issues based on perceived user value, metrics, and release planning. Define and validate product backlog ideas with input from team members within PECS, design, technology, marketing, and other key stakeholder groups within Janssen. Define a product release plan which ladders up into broader goals and objectives. Manage product features from inception through launch, which includes identification of pain points, gathering and vetting of requirements, creation and iteration of designs, scoping and refining for development, performing quality assurance and user acceptance testing, and orchestrating launches and releases. Ensure a seamless orchestration across our digital products (websites, apps, portals) and human touchpoints.
- User Experience and Operational Excellence: Draw on analytics, voice of customer and surveys, benchmarking, and compliance monitoring to advise continued optimization of product performance and future enhancements. Analyze both how our users interact with and what our users say/feel about our products and features. Use data and insights to develop, confirm, and/or pivot to new product development and enhancements. Prioritize break and/or bug fixes along with enhancements and roadmap features.
- Measurement & Reporting: Collaborate in the development of measurable goals and identify outcomes that demonstrate the impact and behavioral change aligned to PECS and brand strategies. Work with partners and key team members to build reporting capabilities for new product features. Communicate performance insights (impact, operational, experience) to DPS and PECS leadership team and colleagues, as well as key stakeholders.
- Partnership within PECS: Closely partner with solutions verticals within PECS (e.g., Patient Access & Affordability Solutions, Patient & Caregiver Solutions, etc.) and PECS Therapeutic Area (TA) Patient Experience teams to deliver an inclusive, world-class digital patient experience, which complements and supplements the offline patient journey. Create a digital experience that can be leveraged and scalable across the organization of patient solutions & TAs.
- Communication and change management: Ensure communication to PECS partners, brand partners, and key stakeholders to build awareness and maintain transparency and accountability. Build awareness of the product vision, roadmap progress, and outcomes are communicated effectively to core team and stakeholder groups. Identify and communicate upcoming changes and dependencies across the DPS team.
- Innovation Scouting: Stay abreast of external trends in healthcare and adjacent industries, supplier capabilities, and patient engagement to scout new innovations, identifying potential partnerships and incubating new ideas. Develop digital and technology innovation plan.
- Culture: Support a culture of learning, smart risk-taking, and experimentation within team and through supplier partners.
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: Create an inclusive and equitable environment in support of the company’s commitment to equal employment opportunity and the value of a diverse workforce.
- Leadership & Ethics: Model ethical, Credo-based leadership with deep knowledge and respect for legal and compliance requirements.
You are compassionate and empathetic. You put yourself in the shoes of the patients you support and the providers who care for them. You have a user-first mentality and are passionate about delivering a world-class patient experience! You welcome challenges, are energized by a fluid environment, solution creatively and collaboratively, learn from mistakes, and enjoy working in a highly visible, highly accountable role! You desire to have a meaningful impact the health and wellbeing of others.
Required Education, Work Experience, and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree (Technology, Business, Marketing, Operations, or related fields) is required.
- 5+ years of experience in product management, product strategy, user experience or visual/UI design for customer-facing digital properties is required, preferably in the healthcare sector.
- Experience within or partnering with the following business organizations: customer service, sales, marketing, payer/access experience, operations, supply chain, analytics is preferred.
- Strong collaboration skills, with experience in bringing together cross-functional partners in matrixed organizations, presenting ideas, influencing planned outcomes, exhibiting flexibility in changing environments, and leading execution in an agile delivery model is required.
- Ability to exercise due diligence to understand customer needs, identify gaps in product functionality, gather user input and requirements, and influence the product strategy is required.
- Experience in collaboratively shaping the product roadmap, coordinating release plans, and conveying status to team leadership, teammates, and critical stakeholders is required.
- Demonstrated ability to partner directly with UX professionals to construct concepts, evolve into high fidelity designs and prototypes, perform appropriate user testing, and refine for development is required.
- Demonstrated ability to partner directly with development teams to convey value, goals, and expected outcomes of features and functionality, as well as document user stories, discuss scope and assumptions, refine requirements, plan sprints, collaboratively test, and partner through to release is required.
- Experience in partnering with cross-functional teams to formulate and drive cross-platform integrations from discovery to product feature launch, executing on the creation of APIs to power and enable front-end user experiences is highly preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a demonstrated track record for forging strong, productive relationships with a diverse array of customers and colleagues.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal with the ability to interact across all organizational levels. Proactively communicates product status and program achievements.
- Very organized with strong attention to detail.
- Highly self-motivated with ability to lead and empower others.
- Embraces accountability. Eager to set ambitious goals and takes ownership for results.
- Proficiency with product management tools (Jira, Asana, Figma, Confluence, etc.) is required.
- Experience deriving insights from digital analytics and a solid understanding of associated tools (Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, etc.), as well as data visualization and dashboarding tools (PowerBI, Tableau, Looker, etc.) is required.
- Proficiency with MS Office, specifically Excel and PowerPoint
- The position is based in Titusville, NJ
Travel Requirements: Up to 25% domestically.
The anticipated base pay range for this position is $111,000 – 192,000.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.