Senior Director of Business Development (Licensing & Acquisitions/ Partnerships) for Medical Devices – CSS Group
Irvine, CA, USA
Discover a new possible! The CSS Group consists of diverse businesses including Acclarent, Biosense Webster (BWI), Cerenovus and Mentor. Through these businesses, we serve a diverse base of customers in Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT), Electrophysiology, Neurovascular and Aesthetics.
Learn more about our businesses at https://www.jnj.com/healthcare-products/medtech .
We Are Looking For
Are you an exceptional strategist with expertise in Interventional Cardiology (IC), have a wealth of connections and experience through the full cycle of new market business opportunity identification to successful acquisitions with deep insight into the IC market direction and technology that will address our patient and clinical unmet needs?
The Senior Director of Business Development (Licensing & Acquisitions/ Partnerships ) will be responsible for developing long-range strategic planning and business development programs to ensure the best use of company resources in accordance with objectives for growth and profitability.
Primary point of contact for key strategic partners in the imaging space. Builds on and expands those relationships to the benefit of CSS. Recommends and executes strategies to identify, assess, and pursue business development opportunities. Lay the groundwork and entry strategies for business opportunities of interest. Scans and scouts for potential new business opportunities based on insight of unmet customer and market needs. Develops business cases for opportunities, including conducting research and analysis to vet and validate ideas and opportunities. Delivers oral presentations to J&J management to communicate new business opportunities. Participates in the negotiation, structuring, and closing of deals and integrates assets into J&J.
Is this you? If yes, APPLY.
Key Objectives and Responsibilities
1. Lead Business Development for Interventional Cardiology; including initial strategy development.
2. Maintain, strengthen, and expand key relationships with strategic partners in the imaging space.
3. Develops and executes the right strategies to pursue new business opportunities and influence the direction of the business.
4. Translates unmet customer and market needs to identify potential new business opportunities (for example licensing, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, distribution/development/supply agreements, IP, co-promoting, divestures, and auctions).
5. Determines screening criteria, value creation and rationale for targeting new business opportunities.
6. Develops business cases for new business opportunities that are aligned with the goals of functional partners (for example, Marketing, R&D).
7. Delivers oral presentations to management boards to get approval of new opportunities.
8. Manages long term alliances with target partner over time to ensure alignment of interests.
9. Negotiates, structures, and closes deals.
10. Builds, supports, and leads integration team to integrate new deals and assets into J&J.
· BS or BA in a technical discipline such as Business, Marketing or Engineering
· 10+ years of business experience
· 5+ years of business development or partnership brokering experience
· Strong financial acumen
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
· Strong analytical skills and the ability to use data to inform decision-making.
· Demonstrated success in identifying and developing new market and business opportunities assessments, conducting diligence, and executing M&A deals
· Business, financial, negotiation, influencing, organizational, project management, analytical, decision making, and influence management skills
· Experience in communicating and influencing a broad variety of business leaders, both internally and externally and with varying levels from functional personnel to senior leaders of companies
· Excellent listening, written, and oral communications skills; excellent organizational skills along with the ability to make sales presentations with positive results
· 25 percent travel domestic and international (including weekends)
· MBA or an MS with business experience
· Experience in the interventional cardiology industry
· Business development experience, specifically in acquisitions
· Experience in supporting corporate / business development (for example, licensing, mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, divestitures, co-marketing, or other structures) or as a financial analyst
· Experience in supporting the execution of acquisitions from start through close
· Experience in supporting strategic business plans and projections
· Competitive and Equitable Compensation
· Long Term Incentives (LTI)
· Benefits such as health, vacation, holidays, personal & family paid time off etc.
· Travel Health
· Pension Plan
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.