Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a pharmaceutical company of Johnson & Johnson, is recruiting a Director, Oncology Global Market Research & Competitive Intelligence within the Global Commercial Strategy Organization (GCSO) to be located in Raritan, NJ.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found. Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc. provides medicines for an array of health concerns in several therapeutic areas, including Cardiovascular & Metabolism, Neuroscience, Oncology, Immunology, and Infectious Disease. Please visit http://www.janssenpharmaceuticalsinc.com/ for more information.
The Director, Oncology Global Market Research & Competitive Intelligence is accountable for guiding and leading a team of disrupters to be strategic thought partners and help maximize the impact of Global Commercial Strategy Organization (GCSO) across competitive intelligence and market research.
With deep experience in competitive intelligence, an appetite for innovation and a care for people, this individual will report into the Senior Director, Oncology Global Commercial Insights and lead a team of 7 Market Research and CI professionals to shape the oncology pipeline strategy through deep understanding of customers’ needs, perceptions, and behaviors, and through assessing emerging targets/MOAs and competitors’ strategies/tactics for clinical development and commercialization.
- Lead the Global Market Research & Competitive Intelligence team of 7 individuals.
- Mentor/coach team members on leadership skills
- Effectively manage the capacity of the team to meet the dynamic needs of the business and ensure business continuity
- Build and maintain team members’ functional skills
- Support team members’ career development
- Inspires team to deliver business impact
- Build industry leading market research and competitive intelligence capabilities
- Enhance insights generation from market research and competitive intelligence
- Build partnerships and new ways of working with key stakeholders to deliver meaningful insights to the right people at the right time
- Adopt best practices and innovative approaches to Improve how we identify and maximize the insights across CI and market research
- Partner with regions and cross functional stakeholders
- Coordinate with regions on CI coverage and market research projects
- Drive insights and best practice sharing across stakeholder groups
- Partner with regions on strategic KPI tracking through market research studies
Qualifications - External
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree
- 10+ years of experience in pharmaceutical/biotech
- 3+ years experience in strategy, market research and/or competitive intelligence
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Proven ability in identifying opportunities, effectively make business cases, and pull through solutions
- Demonstrated ability to effectively influence senior leaders and colleagues at all levels of the organization
- Advanced degree preferred
- Experience of leading a team of direct reports
- Experience in Oncology
- Experience in both market research and competitive intelligence
- Broad experience in commercial and commercial analytics areas
- Creative thinker who proactively seeks new and innovative approaches
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills
The base pay range for this position is $133,000 to $228,850. The Company maintains highly competitive, performance-based compensation programs. Under current guidelines, this position is eligible for an annual performance bonus. The annual performance bonus is a cash bonus intended to provide an incentive to achieve annual targeted results by rewarding for individual and the corporation’s performance over a calendar/performance year. Bonuses are awarded at the Company’s discretion on an individual basis. Employees may be eligible to participate in Company employee benefit programs such as health insurance, savings plan, pension plan, disability plan, vacation pay, sick time, holiday pay, and work, personal and family time off in accordance with the terms of the applicable plans. Additional information can be found through the link below.
Information on benefits can be viewed by following this link: https://www.careers.jnj.com/employee-benefits
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com.