Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Senior Scientist, Translational PK/PD to be located in San Diego, CA, Spring House, PA or Beerse, Belgium.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
The Senior Scientist modeling approaches used may include physiologically based pharmacokinetic modeling, mechanistic PK/PD modeling, and/or systems pharmacology modeling to help (a) predict preclinical and clinical PK profiles (b) quantify exposure/ response relationships for target engagement biomarkers, efficacy, and potential adverse effects, and (c) guide in vivo and in vitro experimental designs that will be most informative for modeling.
- Apply Pharmacokinetic/Pharmacodynamic (PK/PD) modeling to drive project team decisions from early discovery through early clinical studies.
- Contribute to guiding modeling and simulation strategies within the organization.
- Act as a key member of discovery project teams and interact closely with biology, chemistry, and other drug metabolism and pharmacokinetic (DMPK) project members to help craft the most appropriate preclinical and early clinical studies and the associated quantitative model-based analyses to advise candidate selection and dosing recommendations.
- PhD in Pharmacology, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or related fields is required. Outstanding candidates with a Master’s degree and at least 8+ years of relevant industry experience may also be considered.
Experience and Skills:
- Familiarity with principles of pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics and experience performing PK and/or PK/PD modeling is preferred.
- Proven skills in mathematical modeling and simulation, supported by peer-reviewed publications is highly desired.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, oral/written communication and teamwork skills are required.
- This position may require up 10% travel.
The compensation and benefits information set forth in this posting applies to candidates hired in the United States. Candidates hired outside the United States will be eligible for compensation and benefits in accordance with their local market.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com.