Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies is recruiting for 2023 Summer Internships in Accounting/Finance for multiple locations across the United States.
At Johnson & Johnson, we use technology and the power of teamwork to discover new ways to prevent and overcome the world’s the most significant healthcare challenges. Our Corporate, Medical Devices, and Pharmaceutical teams leverage data, real-world insights, and creative minds to make life-changing healthcare products and medicines. We're disrupting outdated healthcare ecosystems and infusing them with transformative ideas to help people thrive throughout every stage of their lives. With a reach of more than a billion people every day, there’s no limit to the impact you can make here. Are you ready to reimagine healthcare?
Here, your career breakthroughs will change the future of health, in all the best ways. And you’ll change, too. You’ll be inspired, and you’ll inspire people across the world to change how they care for themselves and those they love. Amplify your impact. Join us!
The Invoice to Cash (I2C) Accounting/Finance Co-op position can support numerous operating companies within Medical Devices and the Pharmaceutical Sectors. This position is located in Florida (Tampa) with an alternate location upon approval.
The Internship Program is a full time 10-week program focused on providing college students with practical business experience. It allows participants to develop leadership skills, broaden their understanding of the concepts learned in school and "get a taste of the real world" before they are fully committed to it. The Intern program is one of the primary feeders for entrance into Johnson & Johnson's Finance Leadership Development Program (FLDP). The FLDP program is a 30-month program designed specifically to prepare and develop future generations of business leaders within the accounting & finance organization. FLDP participants will develop critical leadership & technical skills through rotational assignments at J&J business units, in-depth training, & ongoing coaching and feedback.
Internship program participant role includes credit and collections, financial accounting and analysis, SOX, and Compliance support. Specific responsibilities may include:
- Proactively manage assigned accounts through the invoice to cash cycle to include collections, credit line administration and billing dispute identification and resolution
- Serve as a point of contact for inquiries, requests and issues related to accounts receivable for an assigned portfolio of customers
- Perform customer reviews to ensure that accounts remain within the assigned credit limits as well as assess and mitigates financial risk and escalate to Sr. Financial Analyst if needed.
- Motivate desired customer payment behavior through timely and insightful contact with customers. Employ collection technique and negotiation to maximize cash flow and create a favorable financial relationship and customer experience.
- Collaborate internally with Sales, Supply Chain, etc. to respond to customer related inquiries. Participate in negotiations and contribute to cross-functional, end-to-end solutions to improve cashflow and the customer experience
- Month/year end closing procedures
- Coordination of the A/R month end Sarbanes Oxley controls,
- Assists with the implementation of internal efficiencies, auditing techniques, and standards related to SOX and Compliance projects/initiatives.
- Problem solving, active business partnering and developing innovative methods to improve job metrics and processes.
The anticipated base pay for this position is between $20/hour and $22.50/hour, but will be based on candidate’s program year, discipline, degree and/or experience.
This position is overtime eligible.
Co-Ops/Interns may be eligible to participate in Company employee benefit programs such as medical insurance, sick time, and holiday pay in accordance with the terms of the applicable plans.
For additional general information on Company benefits, please go to: - https://www.careers.jnj.com/employee-benefits
Current enrollment in an accredited College/University is required. Candidates must be pursuing an undergraduate or Fifth Year Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Data Analytics or business-related major with an expected graduation date in 2024 or 2025. A minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA is required. Intermediate knowledge of MS Excel is preferred. Legal Authorization to work in the United States, without requiring sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g. H1-B status) now or in the future is required.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional, and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
#JNJUndergraduate #JNJFinance #JNJInternship