Ethicon Inc., part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, is recruiting for a Line Coordinator located in San Angelo, TX.
Ethicon, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, has made significant contributions to surgery for more than 60 years from creating the first sutures to revolutionizing surgery with minimally invasive procedures. Our continuing dedication to Shape the Future of Surgery is built on our commitment to helping address the world's most pressing healthcare issues and improve and save more lives. Through Ethicon's surgical technologies and solutions including sutures, staplers, energy devices, trocars, and hemostats, and our commitment to treating serious medical conditions like obesity and cancer worldwide, we deliver innovation to make a life-changing impact. For more information, visit www.ethicon.com .
Ethicon offers a broad range of products, platforms, and technologies—including sutures, surgical staplers, clip appliers, trocars, and synthetic mesh devices—that are used in a wide variety of minimally invasive and open surgical procedures. Specialties include support for the treatment of colorectal and thoracic conditions, women’s health conditions, hernias, cancer, and obesity. Ethicon Endo-Surgery, Inc. was created 20 years ago in Cincinnati, Ohio, developing innovative devices that have driven the revolutionary shift from open to minimally invasive surgery that continues to lead the industry today.
The Line Coordinator, under limited direction of the Facilitator, provides administrative and operational support to assigned manufacturing lines. Safely and efficiently execute daily tasks including entering and reviewing data, ordering materials for production, and coordinating manufacturing resources.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Orders raw materials/supplies through the purchasing system.
- As required, enters data into Quality Management Systems i.e. NC, Audit, and CAPA. Assists with investigations/corrective actions/product dispositions as required.
- Recommends quality and process improvements as required.
- Labels and segregates nonconforming materials.
- Keeps accurate and legible records; conducts a final review of batch records as required.
- Confirms line metrics are up-to-date.
- Confirms all associate training is up-to-date. Assists in training associates for compliance with all regulatory, corporate, and local policies as required.
- Monitors attendance for Facilitator approval and investigates discrepancies as needed.
- Under the limited direction of the Facilitator, provides operational support to assigned manufacturing lines.
- Under facilitator or manager guidance, assists in the supervision of specific manufacturing lines, ensuring optimal use of equipment, personnel, and materials
- Assists the Facilitator in monitoring line performance and work operations as needed and provides work directions to production associates.
- Investigates aging batches and prioritize flow to meet production needs.
- Records production and inventory information, including cycle counts, into the applicable manufacturing production planning systems.
- Assists or leads the start-up/close-out production meetings as required.
- In the absence of the Facilitator, conducts IPT Meetings.
- Maintains work tracking databases as required i.e. downtime trackers, day-by-the-hour, Gemba, etc.
- Ensures safe working conditions and supports safety initiatives within the facility, such as emergency response, ergonomics, safe behavior programs, etc.
- Demonstrates teamwork in identifying, evaluating, and resolving problems within the department.
- Complies with all applicable quality management systems, and environmental, safety, and occupational health policies. (For example, ISO 13485, ISO14001 & OSHAS18001).
- Responsible to ensure that expired inventory is removed physically and in the system at the same time, submitting RID’s and completing cycle counts out for expired material every week.
- Responsible for communicating business-related issues or opportunities to next management level
- For those who supervise or manage staff, responsible for ensuring that subordinates follow all Company guidelines related to Health, Safety, and Environmental practices and that all resources needed to do so are available and in good condition, if applicable
- Responsible for ensuring personal and Company compliance with all Federal, State, local, and Company regulations, policies, and procedures
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned by the Facilitator.
- A minimum of a High School diploma or general education degree (GED) is required. An Associate's Degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school is preferred.
- A minimum of two (2) years of manufacturing process experience within the regulated industry is required.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to facilitate meetings.
- Proficient in computer skills and use of software applications (JDE, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint).
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, depending on location and subject to local legislation, candidates offered employment may be required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or, in certain countries, secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work. If you are invited to interview for the position, your recruiter will advise on the vaccine requirement status in your geographic location.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com