Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC, a Johnson and Johnson Company, is recruiting for an Associate Director, Medical Information & Knowledge Integration (MIKI), Immunology Therapeutic Area located in Horsham, Pennsylvania.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found. Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC is dedicated to providing medical information and consultative support to the Janssen pharmaceutical companies.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
The Associate Director, Medical Information & Knowledge Integration, Immunology, will provide scientific knowledge support through expertise in company products and related therapeutic areas within Immunology. As the primary contact for provision of Medical Information, the Associate Director will use their keen understanding of the science and our products to teach internal business partners and to conduct in-depth analysis of the data.
- Will be the key contact for provision of Medical Information – Develops medical information tools including, but not limited to, standard replies, formulary dossiers, slide decks and presentations in support of customer needs. Provides Medical Information support at major scientific meetings. Provides medical guidance for development and review of promotional and sales training materials.
- Will conduct In-depth analysis of data – Monitors the medical literature/ compendia for operating company products and competitor data; analyzes the information for accuracy/relevance and notifies key partners. Assists with analysis of voice of customer data to identify unmet needs/data gaps.
- Will develop Strategic Concepts – Participates in multidisciplinary therapeutic area teams; contributes to functional strategic plan in support of therapeutic area. Leverages clinical knowledge and expertise to direct the review and identification of emerging trends and scientific intelligence, meaningful for each audience.
- Will manage Medical Information projects – Develops tools for creative delivery of information.
- Will assure quality of Medical Information training materials – Develops and maintains departmental training curriculum; supports sales training initiatives and actively trains the Medical Information Center (MIC) team.
- Will mentor development of teams’ therapeutic knowledge. Provides initial and ongoing training of new hires and students/fellows.
- Will handle complex scientific inquiries – Applies scientific and therapeutic area knowledge to respond to complex, non-standard, and after-hours medical information inquiries.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy is required.
- A PharmD is highly preferred
- A Drug Information or clinical residency/fellowship is preferred.
- A minimum of 6 years of drug information/medical information or comparable experience within the health care/clinical/hospital environment is required.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct literature analysis is required.
- Experience developing responses to scientific inquiries from healthcare professionals and/or consumers is required
- Shows strength in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) is required
- Immunology experience is preferred
- Project management/team leadership experience is preferred
- Proven creative problem solving and understanding of customer needs is highly desired.
The anticipated base pay for this role is $131,000 - $150,000.
The Company maintains highly competitive, performance-based compensation programs. Under current guidelines, this position is eligible for an annual performance bonus. The annual performance bonus is a cash bonus intended to provide an incentive to achieve annual targeted results by rewarding for individual and the corporation’s performance over a calendar/performance year. Bonuses are awarded at the Company’s discretion on an individual basis. Employees may be eligible to participate in Company employee benefit programs such as health insurance, savings plan, pension plan, disability plan, vacation pay, sick time, holiday pay, and work, personal and family time off in accordance with the terms of the applicable plans. Additional information can be found through the link below.
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional, and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
Information on benefits can be viewed by following this link: https://www.careers.jnj.com/employee-benefits
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.