Are you passionate about improving the lives of cancer patients? We work on the most sophisticated treatment options available today! CAR-T (chimeric antigen receptor T-cell therapy) is an innovative approach to eliminate cancer cells, which work by harnessing the power of a patient’s own immune system. They are created from the patients’ own T cells and are engineered to eliminate cancer cells expressing a specific antigen.
To support the CAR-T program in EMEA, Janssen is building two CAR-T manufacturing centers in the Ghent area (Belgium) and new build Lab’s and warehouse will be operated from the existing Janssen Beerse site. We are establishing the Engineering & Technical Services organization which will provide ownership and oversight for the entire asset portfolio and associated business processes for Janssen’s Advanced Therapies Supply Chain globally.
This role provides technical expertise and leverages best practices in the field of applied maintenance scheduling using our CMMS tool serving the Beerse and the Ghent sites. The role will be key to ensure flawless E2E maintenance, calibration, and other activities execution. In addition, the role holder creates and sustains continuous technical improvements within the scope of the CMMS and its associated processes to boost efficiency of activities and ensure schedule adherence. The ideal candidate will possess a strong track record in industrial maintenance and plant shutdowns incl. start-up.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Ensures the system-side of all periodic and corrective activities around our asset portfolio are correctly covered in our CMMS and the associated processes have been established and fulfilled
- Supports the establishment and upkeep of maintenance strategies that drive safe, reliable, effective, efficient, and customer-centric maintenance operations, including kitting of parts, ownership of bill of materials, master data management, like-for-like replacement parts management, maintenance planning & scheduling, reports, critical metrics, and data contextualization.
- Ensure that corrective work orders are properly planned, and that weekly schedules are developed, implemented, and supervised with metrics /KPIs.
- Lead SAP CMMS documentation management, updates and improvements that support PM, PdM, calibrations, and corrective maintenance plans.
- Identify and implement continuous improvement, simplification/automation, and cost reduction opportunities.
- Effectively engage with J&J organizations and partners to benchmark and establish standards.
- Lead/Support Projects related to your scope and deliver with agreed scope, time, and cost.
- Lead the visualization of metrics and dashboards to facilitate performance dialogues of different tiers and cadences.
- Proactively partners with all key stakeholders, such as centralized services (Facility Management, Lab Services) as well as 3 rd parties, i.e. Legend Biotech, OEM’s and vendors
- A technical education / degree is required, Bachelor preferred
- Certifications preferred in one or more of the following: Certified Maintenance Reliability Professional (CMRP), Certified Reliability Leader (CRL), Maintenance Planning certification, or similar
- Minimum 6 years of relevant work experience within Biopharmaceutical, Pharmaceutical, or another GMP industry
- Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) experience, SAP/PM is key
- Familiarity with maintenance activities in manufacturing, utilities, and/or facilities equipment
- Self-driven and able to set own targets and able to set priorities under pressure
- Working knowledge of current GMP standards and guidelines related to equipment, utilities and facilities maintenance (e.g. ISO, EN, ICH, FDA, ISPE)
- Previous experience working in a large matrix-managed environment preferred
- Fluent in English (written and spoken), Dutch language at level C1 preferred
- Proactive, open team player with a service mindset
- Working regimen is approx. 60% Ghent, 30% Beerse, 10% travels