Provides support with the monthly and quarterly close activities of the account to report team. Coordinates and monitors closing checklist to ensure journal entries and balance sheet account reconciliation is completed within the timeline. Responsible for the opening and closing of the general ledger system.
- Timely opening and closing of financial periods as per closing calendar as well as perform other system-related activities.
- Assists with the investigation and resolution of system-related errors and concerns.
- Generate journal entry reports on a quarterly basis and track completeness and approval as per timeline in accordance with SLA commitments.
- Complete monthly interface reconciliation from source to target.
- Monitor balance sheet accounts reconciliation completeness across North America teams.
- Facilitate post-close discussion to highlight achievements and address areas of opportunity from the result of the previous quarter.
- Assist in the audit process by providing information and data as requested.
- Complete annual activities such as account risk analysis and journal entry threshold computation.
- Implement and adhere to the company's financial procedures and policies
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s level degree or equivalent is required, preferably in accounting, finance, or related business discipline.
- CPA, CMA, MBA and/or other financial certifications is preferred.
- At least 2-3 years of experience is required.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to harmonize with employees at all levels.
- Strong Analytical Skills and Communication Skills.
Nice to have:
- Experience in a Shared Service Centre of a multinational corporation or BPO.
- Successfully prioritize multiple priorities, be very organized and work efficiently to tight deadlines
- Ability to handle ambiguity and fluid situations, demonstrating a pragmatic approach
- Proficient in ERP systems (SAP preferred) and MS Office in particular Excel
- Digital/ intelligent automation capabilities.