Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a pharmaceutical company of Johnson & Johnson is recruiting for a Director, Global Commercial Strategy, Precision Medicine in Global Commercial Data Science (GCDS) within the Global Commercial Strategy Organization. The position is based in Raritan, NJ and will require up to 25% travel.
At the Janssen, Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found. Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc. provides medicines for an array of health concerns in several therapeutic areas, including Cardiovascular & Metabolism, Neuroscience, Oncology, Immunology, and Infectious Disease. Please visit http://www.janssenpharmaceuticalsinc.com/ for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
The Director, Global Commercial Strategy, Precision Medicine will have responsibility for supporting the design & execution of Janssen’s global commercial Precision Medicine (PMx) strategy in close collaboration with key cross-functional stakeholders in the global and regional pharmaceutical organization. The successful candidate should have pharma and, preferably, diagnostic commercial experience, be a strong leader with excellent communication and collaboration skills, possess scientific/technical aptitude and be able to translate the commercial PMx strategy into execution for our therapeutic portfolio and pipeline.
Key Responsibilities will include:
Primary responsibilities for this position will include but not limited to:
- Lead the design and implementation of Global Commercial PMx strategy for various companion and complementary diagnostic programs in collaboration with the Global Brand Teams, Medical Affairs, Regulatory, Market Access, and the Compound Development teams (CDTs) across various Therapeutic Area’s (TA’s).
- Represent the commercial priorities of the TA’s and provide commercial diagnostics expertise and guidance for CDTs at various stages of development.
- Lead commercial evaluation of diagnostics platforms, actively seek new products/technologies, effectively partner and foster key collaboration with appropriate industry, academies, and government partners in support of our PMx strategy
- Develop and implement plans for successful launch of PMx programs and partnerships, ensuring seamless global access to strategic solutions that support the applicable pharmaceutical brand strategies working closely with PM Market Access, other PMx Leaders and Regional PMx experts.
- Provide day-to-day oversight of diagnostic partnerships with testing laboratories or test manufacturers, including providing Janssen input, coordinating customer and partner education, data Lab strategy and organizing governance meetings.
- Provide commercial diagnostics expertise and guidance for CDTs at various stages of development.
- Educate internal stakeholders on the CDx market and critical success factors and contribute to building internal capabilities required for long -term success with CDx commercialization.
- Contribute to the development of internal and/or external communication pertaining to companion diagnostics, as appropriate.
- Support the commercial evaluation of diagnostics platforms in support of our companion or complementary diagnostic strategy.
- Develop and oversee budget for assigned initiatives.
- Manage consultants/agencies for key projects.
- Build current and future competitive advantage by understanding & addressing key customers’ needs, and by demonstrating deep understanding of competitors’ strategies.
- Develop internal and external customer relationships that successfully drive business objectives.
- Support the timely guidance to partners and senior management regarding the strategy and key brands.
- Establish a productive work environment by creating trust and respect within the Therapeutic Areas (TAs).
Key Qualifications and Experiences:
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry in progressive commercial roles.
- Experience in diagnostics commercialization preferred
- Product launch experience preferred
- Key Account Management Preferred
- Experience with rare diseases desired
- Ability to work in strong matrix environment and leading by influence required.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and manage a complex set of internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong executive presence and leadership skills are required.
- Strong communication and negotiating skills required.
- Strong analytical skills to understand scientific and financial data, recognize key issues and establish priorities
The anticipated base pay range for this position is 175,000 – 235,000 USD/YR
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .