Ethicon’s Robotic & Digital Solutions business is recruiting for a Sr. Software Project Manager located in Santa Clara, CA!
Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices is focused on shaping the future of digital surgery and expanding its robotics and digital solutions offerings across the entire portfolio, with multi-specialty, end-to-end solutions in orthopedics, endoluminal intervention and general surgery. This includes the MONARCH® platform, a first-of-its-kind robotic technology indicated for bronchoscopic visualization of and access to patient airways for diagnostic and therapeutic procedures in the lung.
Ethicon, part of Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, has made significant contributions to surgery for more than 100 years from creating the first sutures, to revolutionizing surgery with minimally invasive procedures. Our continuing dedication to Shape the Future of Surgery is built on our commitment to help address the world's most pressing health care issues and improve and save more lives. Through Ethicon's surgical technologies and solutions including sutures, staplers, energy devices, trocars and hemostats and our commitment to treat serious medical conditions like obesity worldwide, we deliver innovation to make a life-changing impact. For more information, visit www.ethicon.com.
This project is part of the Ottava system and includes a world class team working with groundbreaking robotics technology to deliver a complex medical device product. The individual will lead various projects within Embedded and Real Time Software teams as a project manager.
- Responsible for defining key project objectives such as scope, schedule, resources, and risks.
- Fulfill project management needs in the software organization by collaborating with the software technical leads and functional managers on planning and executing projects or portions of a project through various phases of the development
- Responsible for working with the core team to define OKRs and identify and address critical path issues or roadblocks.
- Support the team as a liaison to cross-functional partners and represent the team at various cross program meetings.
- Create, monitor and analyze project risks. Assist in identification of mitigation strategies. This may include detailed management of project risk, decision, and/or issue logs.
- Actively plan and drive cross-functional project teams to deliver quarterly goals according to plans and timelines.
- Develop, track, and analyze program’s key performance indicators including the effectiveness of technical strategies, project execution, to provide management detailed status updates.
- Facilitate meetings, organize meeting minutes and driving action items.
- Manage PMO department reporting dashboards, including development, update, and risk status.
- Allocate tasks among project specific team members and lead team to execute on objectives.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
- A minimum of a BS in Electrical, Biomedical, Computer science Engineering or related field
- A minimum of 5 years of related industry experience.
- Requires minimum 2 years in a Project Management and/or Scrum role
- Experience with embedded systems, software development lifecycles
- Experience working in a highly regulated industry: Medical Device, Automotive, Aerospace, Aviation, etc.
- Excellent verbal, proficiency in written and presentation skills are required
- Ability to work independently and be self motivated with a drive for results
- Proficiency using the MS Office Suite (Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint)
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Advanced degree
- Exposure to new product development and/or the medical device industry environment
- Familiarity with project lifecycle management (PLM) software, Visio, Agile/Scrum, and/or JIRA
- Experience with using and/or coordinating project management software