Janssen Research & Development, LLC (JRD), part of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Category Manager, Functional CRO Services, to be located in Titusville, NJ, Raritan, NJ Spring House, PA, or Beerse, Belgium.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
We, the Janssen Research & Development, LLC (JRD) are a part of Janssen Supply Chain, a global organization responsible for supplying medicines to markets around the world. With Quality as our primary focus, our group strives to provide access and affordability through innovation and strong collaboration with our R&D and Commercial partners to deliver life changing solutions for patients in need. JSC Global Planning’s mission is to “Ensure reliable product availability to our patients by applying leading planning processes across the supply chain”.
This role is accountable for supporting category strategy development and implementation including leading supplier relationships for various subcategories of R&D Procurement globally for the R&D business, representing approximately $650 million in spend.
Are you passionate about providing better outcomes for patients? Are you motivated to gain experience with creating strategies?
Scope of responsibilities include:
- Understand the Janssen business needs globally in the FCRO subcategories, and devise Procurement and supplier strategies to advance those priorities
- Identify industry trends that Procurement must build into its category strategies to ensure sustainable relevance to the business
- Support or own the category team, responsible for the global sub-category strategy, key supplier management activities, for the relevant categories
- Lead major strategic negotiations for owned categories on behalf of the business
- Coordinate with Janssen Procurement regional representatives, and where appropriate directly with business leaders, to ensure consistency with regional business strategies
- Participate in select business partner Leadership Teams, to provide leadership to the function in the achievement of Janssen business objectives
- Shape performance targets for the Janssen Procurement organization in the role’s areas of responsibility, and ensure target achievement
- Ensure coordination, prioritization, partnership, and alignment with Agile and GS teams
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead category strategy development and implementation
- Lead key global supplier relationships
- Engage in procurement talent community as a mentor, coach, or partner
- Establish relationships and align with key business partners, and Procurement teams (Agile / GS) with responsibility for FCRO subcategories
Key Working Relationships
Identify the most important working relationships with people inside and outside the company including customers, vendors, associations, etc. Briefly describe the nature of the contacts.
- R&D Procurement Leadership Team
- Select Janssen R&D Leadership Teams, Regional and Country Leadership Teams
- Global Finance Director
- Regional Procurement Leaders
- GS Sourcing, SCS and R&D agile teams
- Pharmaceutical industry leaders
- Key supplier leadership
- Peer procurement leaders
- Minimum of a Bachelor's or equivalent University Degree required; MBA preferred
Experience and Skills:
- A minimum of eight (8) years of related work experience
- Strong business judgment: understand challenges through the eyes of business leaders
- Influencing skills: persuade others to change behavior in pursuit of a common goal
- Strong leadership and collaboration skills at the senior executive level, as well as with peers
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; confidently present complex information
- Broad-based understanding of core procurement areas of focus (spend management, category management and supplier management)
- Strong project management skills
- Demonstrated learning agility, and the ability to improve both yourself and the people around you
- This position may require up to 10 % domestic and international travel.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Life Sciences, Med Technology, Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) experience preferred
- Ability to present to large audiences
- Positive experiences attracting and developing talent
- Ability to inspire an organization to achieve stretch goals
- High level of credibility with internal customers, and with the supplier community, based on broad experience
- Multiple experiences leading cross-functional teams and delivering significant change programs
- Multi-country and Multi-industry experience with experience across geographies of varied sizes and businesses
- Proven flexibility and willingness to respond to changes in the external environment, while ensuring the organization is able to effectively and efficiently move through transitions
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by crafting the world’s healthiest workforce. Through innovative programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
- The anticipated base pay range for this position is $93,000 to $159,850
- The Company maintains highly competitive, performance-based compensation programs. Under current guidelines, this position is eligible for an annual performance bonus in accordance with the terms of the applicable plan. The annual performance bonus is a cash bonus intended to provide an incentive to achieve annual targeted results by rewarding for individual and the corporation’s performance over a calendar/ performance year. Bonuses are awarded at the Company’s discretion on an individual basis.
- Employees may be eligible to participate in Company employee benefit programs such as health insurance, savings plan, pension plan, disability plan, vacation pay, sick time, holiday pay, and work, personal and family time off in accordance with the terms of the applicable plans. Additional information can be found through the link below.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .