DePuy Synthes, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, provides one of the most comprehensive orthopedics portfolios in the world. DePuy Synthes solutions, in specialties including joint reconstruction, trauma, craniomaxillofacial, spinal surgery and sports medicine, are designed to advance patient care while delivering clinical and economic value to health care systems worldwide. For more information, visit www.depuysynthes.com
The Foot & Ankle (F&A) Junior Sales Consultant will be responsible for the growth and development of the F&A HCP customer base in an assigned geography. They must achieve a level of expertise and competence to present, demonstrate, and ensure proper utilization of DePuy Synthes’ products. This person must be able to continually develop new business while supporting existing business within our F&A product portfolio.
As the key champion for the product portfolio in their geography, the F&A Junior Sales Consultant actively collaborates with the Regional Sales Manager to create the business plan, targeting and overall market strategy relative to F&A, ensuring that financial targets are achieved within their geography.
Key Responsibilities and Focus:
- Acquire expertise of F&A portfolio, all new F&A products and understand competitive product
- Spearhead the selling of F&A product portfolio to new accounts and seek opportunities to increase sales with existing customers
- Educate and informs surgeons and hospital staff as to the proper use of our F&A portfolio
- Establish and build clinical relationships with key surgeons, clinicians, and evaluators
- Case Coverage: Maintain appropriate surgeon/resident contact with all prospects or newly converted customers. Routinely provide support to F&A surgeons/DPMs and OR personnel during surgical cases, as required.
- Perform F&A field calls for the accounts and assigned territory (including F&A “on-call” and operating/emergency room consultation) as needed
- Collaborate with Trauma partners to effectively grow and develop F&A business within specific geographies
- Inventory Management: Maintain JnJ sales equipment and promotional materials in proper condition and use them to support territory efforts consistent with company policies and procedures.
- Ensure timely product delivery to surgery site
- Achieve Business Plan Objectives and sales goals/quotas through proper use of approved resources
- Complete required administrative and other duties as assigned accurately and promptly
- Accurately invoice customers for products
The F&A Junior Sales Consultant is expected to learn, know and follow all laws, regulations, policies and procedures relative to the position and as stated in the policy and procedure manuals. The F&A Consultant will maintain the highest levels of professionalism, ethics and compliance at all times. Promptly communicate all legal/ethical questions or concerns to supervisor or to the Health Care Compliance and/or Legal Department.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
One of the following:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university/college OR:
- Associate’s degree plus three (3) years of relevant experience in clinical, hospital, surgical, or related environments) OR:
- Certified Surgical Technician, or highly specialized selling / medical training or certification (e.g. Medical Sales College) plus three (3) years of relevant experience OR:
- Recently transitioned from Active Duty Military
- A minimum of 1 years of selling, account management or related experience is preferred. Military experience will be considered.
- The ability to work in a lab/operating room environment.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills including the ability to communicate with a high level of technical acumen and in a hospital environment, negotiation, influencing, strategic thinking, problem solving, and business acumen skills.
- Qualified candidates must be self-motivated and have excellent relationship building skills.
- Internal and external customer focus
- Ability to work independently and autonomously
- Ability to work in matrix and team structure
- A valid driver's license issued in the United States
- Must successfully complete a background investigation, to include a review of your driving record history.
- The ability to travel as needed.
- Residence in or willingness to relocate to the posted territory.
- High level of attention to detail
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional, and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .