Janssen Research and Development, L.L.C., a member of Johnson and Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Senior Director, Translational Science (TS), Immunology Translational Science and Medicine (TSM) to be located in Boston, MA or Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.JanssenRnD.com for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Janssen Immunology has a history of bringing life-changing therapies to patients with immune-mediated diseases.
Translational Science and Medicine (TSM) is an integrated group of scientists composed of a clinical Translational Medicine (TM) team which conducts early clinical development and experimental medicine studies, and a Translational Sciences (TS) team which uses human based data and tissues to support the end to end portfolio. Together, the TSM group will provide the key learnings/insights on the next wave of novel therapies. Organizationally, TSM serves as a pivotal bridge between Discovery Research and the later phase Clinical Development group. TSM provides the necessary scientific and clinical expertise to advance an industry-leading pipeline of novel mechanism small molecules and biologic agents to address unmet need in immune-mediated diseases.
TS has a broad remit stretching from support of discovery with human data to support target selection, through development and implementation of decision- making biomarkers for early phase clinical trials, target-centric indication sequencing and prioritization, and support of regulatory filings and life cycle management. TS has expertise in biomarker development, disease biology research and in the application of immunology and data science technologies to support drug development.
The Senior Director, Head of Rheumatology Translational Sciences position is a senior leadership role within Immunology Translational Sciences and Medicine team, supporting programs from ideation in Discovery through late development and marketing. This position serves as a member of the TS and TSM leadership teams which are responsible for leading the broader TSM organization and will be a core member of Rheumatology Disease Area leadership team and Compound Development Teams. Within TS, the Senior Director will head a group that has primary responsibility for all aspects of translational sciences, including generation of robust target/ disease pairings, and creating and implementing innovative biomarker strategies. The successful candidate will have a strong track record, expertise and collaborative base in the rheumatology field.
The Senior Director, TS, will be accountable for ensuring the group’s strategic direction, proactive preparedness for governance decisions, the timely creation and implementation of high caliber translational biomarker plans in support of key milestones for preclinical and clinical portfolio programs and the development of a team of the scientists. The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing the construction of translational data packages, including strategies for target engagement, expression and predictive response biomarkers to enable patient stratification. The Senior Director, Translational Sciences Lead will partner with Discovery and Translational Medicine to engage in external interactions with academic institutions having strong capabilities in translational science and medicine. Further, the Senior Director will be expected to be proactive in support of decision making to project teams and be accountable for talent development of their team.
Responsibilities include and are not limited to:
• Develop and lead teams of scientists (individuals and people leaders) to develop and validate novel assay and analyze and interpret clinical data, driving decision making for clinical assets.
• Lead and shape the design and execution of program translational strategies integrating both disease and pathway approaches to address target engagement and expression, patient segmentation and indication potential.
• Establish strategies for the development and implementation of clinical biomarkers.
• Partner with scientific pillar leads to integrate clinical translational science findings into evolving programs.
• Lead and drive efforts to engage in collaborations with external partners/academic institutions having strong capabilities in translational science and medicine.
• Support Business Development, including due diligence activities.
• PhD, MD or MD/PhD required.
• Minimum of 12-15 years of industry or relevant experience where direct ‘hands-on’ experience in Immunology biomarker development is required.
• Depth of experience with several different therapeutic platforms preferred (biologics, small molecules and/or gene/RNA).
• Exceptional communication and collaboration skills are required.
• Track record of developing and implementing impactful biomarker and translational plans is essential.
• Supervisory experience or leading matrix teams is required.
• Training in translational sciences or basic Immunology strongly preferred.
• Subspecialty training in Rheumatology is preferred.
• Dynamic entrepreneurial mindset.
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional, and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.