Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Senior Software Engineer, Infrastructure & Tools within our Robotics & Digital Solutions organization. The location for this position is Santa Clara, CA.
Robotics and Digital Solutions, is part of Johnson & Johnson Med Tech. At Johnson & Johnson Robotics and Digital Solutions, we’re changing the trajectory of health for humanity, using robotics to enhance healthcare providers’ abilities and improve patients’ diagnoses, treatments, and recovery times. Johnson & Johnson Robotics was established in 2020 with the integration of Auris Health, Verb Surgical, C-SATS, and Ethicon. It comprises three key med-tech platforms: Flexible Robotics (MONARCH®), Surgical Robotics (OTTAVA™), and Digital Solutions. Join our collaborative, rapidly growing teams in the San Francisco Bay Area (Redwood City and Santa Clara), Cincinnati, and Seattle. You’ll collaborate on breakthrough medical technologies that unite multiple subject areas to build a connected digital ecosystem that advances medical professionals’ skills and improves patient outcomes.
The Senior Software Engineer, Infrastructure & Tools, plays a key role in crafting a software ecosystem used to develop, analyze, visualize, simulate and test the robotic surgical system . We are looking for a Python/C++ developer who can work independently and function well within a team. They are flexible, self-motivated, curious and passionate about revolutionizing the world of medical robotics.
- Design and implement software frameworks, applications and tools in Python and C++ which interact directly with the robot
- Support a Git/Python repo used by a wide variety of teams to house their software
- Develop and present training materials to help end users understand how to use the team's software
- Participate in design discussions and code reviews
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical and Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related technical field and 5 years of work experience developing software
Experience and Skills:
- Strong Python and C++ design and coding skills
- Proficiency in developing software in a Linux environment
- Experience with Git
- Experience with unit testing frameworks
- Experience developing and debugging complex, real-time, distributed system, software
- Collaborative teammate with excellent written and in-person communication skills
- Experience with Qt/QML
- Experience configuring a Python/Git repository
- Experience with static code analysis tools
- Experience with CMake
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Experience in a highly regulated industry like medical devices
- Experience with Full-Stack web development
- Django/REST Framework or other modern Front-End framework
- Web application performance optimization / understanding in web security
- Automated deployment through PaaS (k8s, AWS Elastic Beanstalk)
- This role is located in Santa Clara, CA and may require up to 10% travel
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through innovative programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
The anticipated base salary for this position is $116,700.00 to $187,795.00.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .