Ethicon, a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is currently recruiting for an Electrician 1, Industrial Manufacturing in San Angelo, TX!
Ethicon, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, has made significant contributions to surgery for more than 60 years from creating the first sutures, to revolutionizing surgery with minimally invasive procedures. Our continuing dedication to Shape the Future of Surgery is built on our commitment to help address the world's most pressing health care issues and improve and save more lives. Through Ethicon's surgical technologies and solutions including sutures, staplers, energy devices, trocars and hemostats and our commitment to treat serious medical conditions like obesity and cancer worldwide, we deliver innovation to make a life-changing impact. For more information, visit www.ethicon.com .
Electricians are expected to work on all electrical and electronic equipment, such as electrical components, controllers, programmable logic controllers, electric motors, control panels, instrumentation devices, wires, cables, printers, conduits, etc. In addition to all electrical and electronic tasks, Electricians are responsible for recording and maintenance of all critical data and documentation. This position focuses on continuous improvement and maximum efficiency from the machinery, ensuring maximum machine utilization, and minimum departmental non-production time.
Under general supervision and in accordance to prescribed procedures and requirements performs complete electrical and electronic maintenance support including but not limited to installation, diagnosis, troubleshooting, adjustments, repair, preventive and emergency maintenance as well as continuous improvement. Electricians are expected to work on all electrical and electronic equipment, such as electrical components, controllers, programmable logic controllers, electric motors, control panels, instrumentation devices, wires, cables, printers, conduits, etc. In addition to all electrical and electronic tasks, Electricians are responsible for recording and maintenance of all critical data and documentation. This position focuses on continuous improvement and maximum efficiency from the machinery, ensuring maximum machine utilization, and minimum departmental non-production time.
- Must read, interpret, and follow work instructions and training materials.
- Pass and maintain training and certification examinations as required.
- Read diagrams, sketches, blueprints, diagrams, operation manuals, and manufacturing specifications related to assigned equipment.
- Use process controller programmer systems to maintain programs and to diagnose equipment failures using analysis of relay-ladder-logic programs and other process control language software.
- Diagnose and identify equipment failures within entire the system that may not be electrical in nature, e.g., mechanical, pneumatic, or facilities.
- Maintain area support equipment, e.g., electrical utilities, lights, etc.
- Operates all portable power tools and hand tools in assigned production area; drills, wrenches, grinders, and meters to troubleshoot and repair of production equipment.
- Accurate record-keeping via computer management systems and/or via manual systems by inputting and retrieving maintenance data, and other pertinent data following standard procedures. Assure that all maintenance work performed on said equipment and spare parts used are captured in CMMS.
- Responsible for interpreting computer-based diagnostic data for predictive maintenance and other applications.
- Electricians are accountable to apply trade knowledge and familiarity with plant and equipment for leading a continuous improvement program on specified equipment. This will include recommending, and participating in equipment improvements, PM process improvements, and OEE tracking/trending.
- Work as a member of the Ethicon Performance Excellence (EPS), Manufacturing Equipment Excellence (ME2), or LEAN team to achieve specific goals.
- Follow current compliance regulations and standards.
- Perform all work in accordance with ISO 14001 principles and environmental regulatory compliance requirements, within safety requirements inherent to chemical process and high voltage electrical work, and within all safety codes, including but not limited to NFPA, NEC, applicable building, and with engineering on material and operation acceptability of all parts used inside classified hazardous areas. Electrical repairs or modifications that impact personal or process safety must be reviewed by the Safety Audit Team prior to implementation.
- Independently recognize and solve problems with the ability to make critical decisions under pressure on breakdowns and work towards effectively managing deadlines in completing breakdown, maintenance, and project activities. safety codes, ETHICON requirements, etc. Work within engineering safety guidelines, checking
- Associates holding this position will always demonstrate the ability to work with and communicate well with others, and the ability to give and understand instructions, both verbal and written. Coordinate, instruct, advise, and train other craft personnel as needed.
- Maintains general housekeeping within the department, keeping equipment and work area clean and orderly. Maintain inventory of spare parts and notify the supervisor when parts are needed.
- Does any other work of a related nature and performs other work-related duties as assigned.
- Follow all applicable quality management systems, and environmental, safety, and occupational health policies. (for example, ISO 13485, ISO14001 & OSHAS18001).
Experience & Skills:
- Computer knowledge in Microsoft Office including EXCEL, WORD, and Outlook and able to demonstrate the ability to operate Microsoft Excel for data entry and interpretation (Open selected files given location, read and interpret data as displayed, tabular, and graphically).
- 0-2 years of relevant experience in the job field
- Vocational, technical, or associates preferred
- Operates all portable power tools and hand tools in assigned production area; drills, wrenches, grinders, and meters to solve and repair of production equipment.
- Performs routine and scheduled maintenance of production equipment.
- Possesses electromechanical knowledge to be used in problem diagnosis and solutions.
- Possesses a basic understanding of the use of electrical schematics for the purpose of troubleshooting and repair.
- Works towards effectively handling deadlines in completing breakdown, maintenance, and project activities.
- Ability to make critical decisions under pressure on breakdowns.
- Perform and document electrical-related PM’s (Planned Maintenance) on process equipment as assigned.
- Document all equipment service activities and modifications in the process Equipment Logbook as well as CMMS.
- Possesses knowledge of PLC and applications, to be used in fixing and repair of production equipment.
The hourly pay rate for this position is $25.17.
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional, and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work. For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.