Ethicon’s Robotic & Digital Solutions business is recruiting for a Sr. Project Manager, Research & Development located in Santa Clara, CA!
Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices is focused on shaping the future of digital surgery and expanding its robotics and digital solutions offerings across the entire portfolio, with multi-specialty, end-to-end solutions in orthopedics, endoluminal intervention and general surgery. This includes the MONARCH® platform, a first-of-its-kind robotic technology indicated for bronchoscopic visualization of and access to patient airways for diagnostic and therapeutic procedures in the lung.
Ethicon, part of Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, has made significant contributions to surgery for more than 100 years from creating the first sutures, to revolutionizing surgery with minimally invasive procedures. Our continuing dedication to Shape the Future of Surgery is built on our commitment to help address the world's most pressing health care issues and improve and save more lives. Through Ethicon's surgical technologies and solutions including sutures, staplers, energy devices, trocars and hemostats and our commitment to treat serious medical conditions like obesity worldwide, we deliver innovation to make a life-changing impact. For more information, visit www.ethicon.com .
The Sr. Project Manager, Research & Development, is responsible for planning, developing and managing the execution of the next generation product development programs within our robotics portfolio.
- Lead complex, multi-functional projects within the R&D team
- Actively plan and drive cross-functional project teams to deliver against integrated, detailed plans and timelines as well as set quarterly goals, generate plans to meet quarterly goals, and facilitate the completion of quarterly goals in collaboration with the R&D team
- Enable proactive communication in collaboration with functional directors and managers to assure integration of project, company, and functional goals towards achieving program milestones.
- Develop, track, and analyze program’s key performance indicators including the effectiveness of technical strategies, regulatory pathways, clinical development progress, project execution, and product development risks (e.g., alignment to schedule, scope, resources), to provide management detailed status updates.
- Oversight of all phases of the product development process from Concept to Launch. Understanding of Design Control principles and manage gate-keeping, design freezes, design reviews, change control, sign-offs, etc.
- Organize regular team meetings to drive progress, track and mitigate risks, resolve roadblocks, and review action items.
- Generate the necessary documentation and assist teams with creating project plans, protocols, reports, etc.
- Working with external vendors and OEM partners to drive development milestones.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of a BS in Engineering or related discipline
- A minimum of 5 years of Project Management experience in a related industry
- Experience working in a highly regulated industry: Medical Device, Automotive, Aerospace, Aviation, etc.
- Experience with using and/or administering project management software
- Travel up to 10%
- Ability to work at the Santa Clara, CA site
- Advanced Degree
- Experience in progressively complex engineering, R&D, and program management roles within both hardware and software for medical device organizations
- PMP certification
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with embedded systems, software development lifecycles
- Experience leading projects using Agile Sprint methodology
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.