Environment, Health & Safety/Industrial Hygiene Engineer
At Janssen Biologics Leiden we are looking for an EHS engineer (M/F/X) who loves to interact with people, sees problems as opportunities and gets energized by improving EHS processes & systems to ensure that the EHS risks within the organization are controlled. If you feel you get energy from EHS, in particular from Industrial Hygiene related topics, and are ready for a new challenge, here is your chance!
EHS&S Department at Janssen Biologics Leiden
The EHS Department at Janssen Biologics leads the implementation of the J&J Worldwide EHS Standards, the ISO 14001, and the ISO 45001 Management System standards. We work in a close collaboration with the J&J EHS organization in the Netherlands and align with the J&J organizations outside the Netherlands. Management of EHS is a core responsibility of the entire Janssen Biologics organization where we
as EHS department support by having a strong relationship with departmental EHS Representatives, Management System Standards Owners / Subject Matter Experts and Site Management.
Your main tasks and responsibilities in this department/team are:
- Lead and / or support the implementation of J&J EHS Standards.
- Conduct/support EHS risk assessments on your area of expertise, including providing information and advice on appropriate solutions.
- Lead / Participate incident investigations or deviations and prepare associated reports, including determination of root causes and follow-up actions.
- Give training on EHS related topics.
- Support EHS assessments for projects and changes.
- Oversee, control, develop and improve EHS systems, processes, and practices.
- Participate in internal and external audits and inspections (for example ISO 14001, J&J EH&S Audits, governmental agencies)
- Providing professional EHS help, advice and support to the organization to comply with applicable laws, regulations, and J&J requirements.
Depending on departmental needs and the expertise’s present within the EHS team, EHS responsibilities can change within time.
- You are driven to search for practical EHS solutions which are compliant with legislation and J&J Standards. This with close interaction with other experts within the company. You are only satisfied when improvements are sustainable. You have a “can do” mentality and see improving the EHS performance as a collective responsibility. You focus only on short term fixes when really needed because you prefer to focus on long term solutions while you coach others to do the same.
- You have interest in developing yourself in the direction of Industrial/Occupational Hygiene
Education, experience, and knowledge necessary for this function
- Bachelor or comparable level
- At least 3 years’ experience in the field of EHS, OH or IH
- Proficient in both spoken and written Dutch and English
- Experience with international Management System Standards like ISO14001 and OHSAS18001/ISO45001
- An additional course Industrial Hygiene or Safety Manager level 3 (IH or HVK) or comparable can lead to preference
Who are we?
The Johnson & Johnson family of companies is globally active in Pharmaceuticals and Medical Devices. We employ over 135,000 professionals in 60 countries, and they all have the same credo ‘Caring for the world, one person at a time’. We embrace research and science - bringing innovative ideas, products, and services to advance the health and well-being of billions of people.
Janssen Biologics makes, acquires, and markets unique biopharmaceutical medicines and vaccines. We thereby build on our leading position in the development of monoclonal antibodies and vaccines. Antibodies are substances that the body produces in response to bacteria, viruses, or other foreign substances. The innovative products from Janssen Biologics focus on three major disease categories (cardiovascular and immunological disorders and cancer) and on protection against viruses.
Janssen Biologics has built a dedicated and multi-functional, world-class team that develops a promising pipeline of products in numerous disciplines and continuously developing/growing. Approximately 2000 employees work in Leiden.
What’s in it for you?
As an employee we consider you as our most valuable asset, and we take your career seriously. You’ll be part of a global team in an innovative and international environment with room for your personal and professional development. Through on the job training, various projects, and programs, we ensure your personal growth by focusing on your talent. Our benefits assure our care for you and your family now and in the future.
If you are interested in the position and match the above criteria, please apply online.
Equal Opportunity Statement
The employers of the Johnson & Johnson family value diversity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams that reflect both the patients and the partners we support. We strive to build an inclusive work environment where our people feel at home and are given the space to realize their full potential.