Johnson & Johnson is recruiting for a Senior Manager, North American Tax Reporting. The position is located in Titusville, New Jersey.
Caring for the world, one person at a time, has encouraged and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science bringing innovative ideas, products, and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $83 billion in 2020 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 265 Johnson & Johnson operating companies throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen. Growing on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees, and committed to inclusion, Johnson & Johnson is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
This position reports directly to the Director of North America Tax Reporting and collaborates closely with a variety of groups including the North America Tax Compliance team, Sector Tax Planning teams, Tax Accounting CoE and Corporate Controller Group.
The successful candidate must be a self-directed individual able exercise a high level of independent judgment, execute activities in a highly complex environment, and possess strong communication, business partnering and people management skills. Specific duties will include performing the following activities for J&J US affiliates:
- Manage and oversee the US tax reporting aspects of all acquisitions and divestitures, including Sec. 382 limitation studies, transaction cost analysis, opening balance sheet, state tax analysis, etc.
- Partner with Johnson & Johnson Development Corporation finance team to assess tax implications of investments in funds, corporations, partnerships, and other investment vehicles
- Represent the US tax reporting organization for ERP related matters including projects that are within the scope of the SigniFi Program
- Work with sector tax reporting managers to drive tax reporting consistency across all sectors
- Provide ASC 740 technical resources to the broader US Tax CoE
- Manage and oversee the quarterly tax reporting and Business Plan Update tax reporting schedule
- Work closely with the Sector Tax Planning teams to understand emerging tax planning items and assess tax reporting implications
- Partner with our Tax Technology Team to continuously evaluate technical requirement and streamline processes
- Keep up to date on US tax legislation changes and development Work independently on all aspects of US Tax Reporting and keep the global tax organization up to date on emerging issues
- Partner closely with the Tax Accounting CoE and Corporate Controller group to ensure all tax reporting requirements are met
- Collaborate with others within the Global Tax Organization to promote best practices and knowledge sharing
- Oversee one Tax Manager and a team of Senior Tax Analysts
- Oversight over all three sectors.
- Participate in department projects initiated by J&J Global Tax Organization
- Establish an engaged culture that is focused on compliance, continuous improvement and staff development
- BS/BA in Finance or accounting
- Minimum of 8 years tax experience, including tax compliance and reporting
- CPA/CMA preferred
- People management experience required
- Strong communication and business partnering skills required
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required
- OneSource experience preferred
- ERP experience preferred
- Strong knowledge of acquisition and divestiture tax accounting preferred
- Knowledge of tax reporting in investment such as partnership, funds preferred
- Experience with Finance Transformation Projects preferred
- Job location: Titusville, New Jersey (minimum 3 days a week in the office)
The base pay range for this position is $113,000 to $195,500
The Company maintains highly competitive, performance-based compensation programs. Under current guidelines, this position is eligible for an annual performance bonus in accordance with the terms of the applicable plan. The annual performance bonus is a cash bonus intended to provide an incentive to achieve annual targeted results by rewarding for individual and the corporation’s performance over a calendar/ performance year. Bonuses are awarded at the Company’s discretion on an individual basis.
Employees may be eligible to participate in Company employee benefit programs such as health insurance, savings plan, pension plan, disability plan, vacation pay, sick time, holiday pay, and work, personal and family time off in accordance with the terms of the applicable plans. Additional information can be found through the link below.
For additional general information on company benefits, please go to: - https://www.careers.jnj.com/employee-benefits
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through innovative programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.