This position may be based in Singapore, Thailand or Vietnam.
Reporting to the Director, Communication & Public Affairs, Pharmaceuticals, South Asia, you will
- Partner with the Country Leaders in Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam and, Director, Communication & Public Affairs, Pharmaceuticals, South Asia to drive employee engagement by clearly communicating the organization’s strategy, priorities and related progress, and driving communiations on key organizational programs.
- Partner with the Commercial Leaders in the markets and Director, Communication & Public Affairs, Pharmaceuticals, South Asia to develop and implement insight-led and measurable communication and public affairs strategies that are aligned with business priorities. This includes the development of message maps and press releases with minimal input from Director, Communication & Public Affairs, Pharmaceuticals.
- Collaborate with the Director, Communication & Public Affairs, Pharmaceuticals, South Asia to ensure global, regional and local alignment on pharmaceuticals communication and public strategies in the markets.
- Proactively monitor and identify potential issues and develop issues management strategies.
- Partner with the Country Leaders and Director, Communication & Public Affairs, Pharmaceuticals, South Asia (and cross sector colleagues as appropriate) to lead management of issues and other situations that may impact stakeholder trust and company reputation
- Develop and maintain relationships with key media in the markets, including social media influencers
- Help build and maintain relationships with, and act as liaison to, key third-party stakeholders including patient organisations in the markets
- Manage agencies, budgets and timelines for all assigned projects
- University degree required, preferably in journalism/communications, marketing, human resources, liberal arts, science or business
- Minimum eight years experience in a similar role at corporate, not-for-profit, or in the public sector, with market experience; agency experience a plus.
- Experience in the pharmaceutical industry, brand PR, including excellent understanding of the pharmaceutical healthcare space in Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam or in any SEA markets
- Experience working in a matrix environment and an ability to think with a global mindset
- Ability to manage complexity, multiple priorities, and campaigns at the same time
- Demonstrated ability to influence high-level media and partner with patient organisations in Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam or in any SEA markets
- Deep understanding and utilization of traditional media, digital and social platforms
- Direct experience of leading management of reputational risks, issues and crises, ensuring business preparedness
- A high degree of independent judgment and decision making
- Experience in managing budgets and schedules
- Professional maturity and ability to work effectively across levels, functions, cultures, regions and backgrounds.