The Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies have been working to make surgery better for more than a century. With substantial breadth and depth in surgical technologies, orthopedic and interventional solutions, we aspire to improve and enhance medical care for people worldwide. Together, we are working to shape the future of health through differentiated products and services.
The Associate Director, Global Health Economics will partner with franchises, regions and countries to identify and prioritize economic models required to support the MedTech Health Economics and Market Access strategies. He/She will lead the development of health economic models to support the market access strategies of Franchises, Regions and Countries, as well as play a key role in the quality control of HE models across the organization
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Leads the development of health economic models to support the market access strategies of Franchises, Regions and Countries.
- Coordinates among Franchise, regions and countries leads to identify priority economic models required to support the MedTech Health economics and Market Access strategy.
- Ensures global alignment among franchise, country, and regional HE strategy and tactics.
- Provides organizational visibility and transparency into ongoing and pending HE activities.
- Leads quality control reviews for HE models
- Develops, trains and leads a Community of Practice of international internal HE experts
- Identifies needs, develops and implements HE curriculum (on innovations and standard methodologies in model development and deployment),
- explains concepts effectively when delivering trainings
- Supports the trainings for HE models dissemination
- Required Minimum Education: Master's Degree with 6-7 years experience, PhD or equivalent with postdoc experience and a minimum of 5 years experience
- Master’s : Health Economics, or equivalent. Preferred: PhD
- Direct experience in Health Economics modelling development (HTA submissions, publications, sales support).
- Experience in conducting outcomes research studies applying health economics, patient-reported outcomes, retrospective and prospective data analyses, epidemiology or health services research is required.
- Understanding healthcare delivery systems, preferably for both pharmaceuticals and medical devices
- Communicates (internally and externally) complex information clearly and confidently, using a storytelling approach, to influence the achievement of the best outcome for all stakeholders.
- This includes written technical communications that are influential, meaningful, and tailored to the audience and business needs e.g., HTA, reimbursement submission and publications.
- Solid project management skills, with the ability to complete multiple projects simultaneously
- Defines plans and execute projects on time and on budget
- Forms multi-disciplinary project teams, and ensure adequate resources are secure.
- Assigns deliverables, ensure schedules and deadlines are met, and develop contingency plans to mitigate risks.
- Effectively translates complex information that is meaningful to non-technical functions.
- Strong interdependent partnering across divisions and across regions.
- Experience in navigating a matrix organization
- Indirect management
The anticipated base pay range for this position is is $113,000 to $195,500
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability
Diversity and inclusion are central elements of the shared culture across the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. Attracting, developing and retaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities is essential to our success. We are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive and accessible work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their potential.
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .