Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $82.1 billion in 2020 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen. Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based healthcare Company, touching the lives of nearly a billion people every day. Our Family of Companies throughout the world compete in consumer, pharmaceutical and medical devices & diagnostics markets and have the skills and resources to tackle the world's most pressing health issues.
The Director Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) & Occupational Health (OH) will lead the EHS & OH team in the Asia Pacific Consumer Health MAKE and R&D sites including but not limited to China Minhang Campus (JJC, SJJ, SJJP), China-Daboa, Korea-CJ, Thailand-Bangkok, Malaysia-PJ, Indonesia-IHI Cibubur, India-Mulund and Baddi and R&D sites in ASPAC. He/ She is accountable for the deployment, execution and performance of EHS & OH strategies, policies, standards, compliance, risk reduction and management initiatives. The candidate is a change leader who creates heightened organizational consciousness of EHS & OH issues to deeply embed a strong EHS / OH culture across the organization. The Director EHS&OH, ASPAC MAKE and R&D is an important thought leader and leads the function in a way that continues to elevate and unify the standards of performance in EHS and OH across the region.
The Director EHS&OH, ASPAC MAKE and R&D Sites will work with EHS and OH, ESG leaders, senior business leaders in engineering, Facilities, Quality, Procurement, MAKE Site Leaders and R&D Leaders. Externally, this person will have relationships and interactions with regional and national regulatory authorities, external suppliers, ISO certification registrar, professional organizations, NGO’s, and other. Consumer EHS Leaders etc.
- Responsible to drive a culture of EHS, including Occupational Health, excellence and learning in NCHC to achieve best in class results by collaborating with regional business partners to integrate EHS into the business in a way that drives compliance, risk reduction and derives operational value.
- Collaborates with the Workplace EHS Excellence team to identify regional support needs, priorities and development of standards that are fit for purpose for the Consumer business.
- Cultivates deep expertise and fosters continuous improvement in the regional MAKE and R&D EHS & OH organization, processes, and the digital ecosystem in execution of the EHS/OH strategy, management system and assurance processes.
- Drives risk reduction and enhance operational efficiency through cultivating reporting of Good Saves and SIF-p events. Support / help remove barriers in understanding EHS issues and coordinate mitigation strategies as needed.
- Drive continuous improvement in environmental stewardship via ISO 14001, ISO 45001 and other applicable standards and achieving regional and site environmental sustainability goals.
- Manages regional EHS & OH talents (25-30 FTEs), budgetary resources, serves as a key contact to relevant governmental agencies, industry associations and thought leaders in building NCHC’s reputation for excellence in EHS/OH.
- Responsible for building a culture that hires, grows & develops talent, inspires diversity & inclusive behaviors and enables high performing teams.
- In conjunction with business leaders, defines the regional implementation plan and tactics to achieve the global business and EHS/OH strategies.
- Serves as Single Point of Contact (SPOC) with ASPAC MAKE leadership team, FM or others as assigned.
- Accountable for successful implementation of EHS/OH service delivery to improve efficiency while delivering on established EHS/OH strategies.
- Supports EHS/OH integration planning and execution activities to rapidly bring new acquisitions into conformance with NCHC standards.
- Routinely engages business leaders to review EHS/OH performance, compliance, and issues.
- Fosters an atmosphere of openness and information sharing to encourage a culture of high awareness, transparency, and diligence with respect to EHS/OH matters.
- Passion towards Digital technologies and data analytics
- Strong growth mindset
- Requires University/Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in management or EHS technical field.
- Expert technical knowledge in EHS disciplines
- Knowledge of global EHS regulations & ISO certifications, EHS Management systems and current trends in EHS Culture - Certifications in EHS (e.g. CSP, PE, CIH)
- Outstanding leadership, ability to gain trust and influence at all levels and collaborative.
- Effective team development capability, exemplified by a track record of leading, coaching and developing EHS/OH professionals.
- Strong communicator who is credible and self-assured; strong technical skills with the ability to explain complex issues and requirements in an easily understood manner.
- Strong compliance orientation with a focus on end-to-end global/regional EHS/OH process management.
- Flexible to travel within the region 25%