Robotics and Digital Surgery, part of the Johnson & Johnson family of companies, is recruiting for a Senior Robotic Software Engineer. This position is located in Santa Clara, CA.
At Johnson & Johnson Robotics and Digital Solutions, we're changing the trajectory of health for humanity, using robotics to enhance healthcare providers’ abilities and improve diagnoses, treatments, and recovery times for patients. Johnson & Johnson Robotics was established in 2020 with the integration of Auris Health, Verb Surgical, C-SATS, and Ethicon. It comprises three key med-tech platforms: Flexible Robotics (MONARCH®), Surgical Robotics (OTTAVA™) and Digital Solutions. Join our collaborative, rapidly growing teams based in the San Francisco Bay Area (Redwood City and Santa Clara), Cincinnati, and Seattle. You'll collaborate on breakthrough medical technologies that unite multiple subject areas to build a connected digital ecosystem that advances medical professionals’ skills and improves patient outcomes.
The Senior Robotic Software Engineer will work with the rest of the Robotics and Control team as well as the Clinical, SW, Hardware and Systems Engineering teams to bring to life the control of the surgical robot and instruments.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Work with other experts in Medical Robotics and Controls to design and implement innovative algorithms in production software for real-time, safety critical applications.
- Develop SW algorithms in C++ for Robot kinematics and dynamics, Robot Motion Algorithms (Motion planning, Collision detection, Trajectory generation), Control Algorithms (Force Control, Impedance and Admittance Control), etc.
- Participate in design and improvement of real-time SW.
- Serve as a software technical resource for other developers, providing leadership in robotics and control systems architectural decisions.
- One of the following combinations of education and experience is required;
A.) 2+ years of relevant industry experience developing sophisticated robotics applications for complex electro-mechanical systems in combination with a Master's, OR
B.) 0+ years with PhD in developing sophisticated robotics applications for complex electro-mechanical systems
- A proven record of designing and implementing software for electromechanical systems is required.
- Proven experience and strong programming skills in C++ is required.
- Hands-on experiences with robot control algorithm development, implementation, and debugging. Solid foundation in Robotics and Control Algorithms is highly desirable.
- Familiarity with real-time software and decent exposure to Software architect and development experiences for robotic system is an asset.
- Familiarity with real-time software and event driven architectures is desirable.
- Past experience working on surgical robotic systems is beneficial.
- High proficiency with multi-threaded applications is beneficial.
- Ability to travel up to 5%, domestic and international.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.