Senior Manager Global Pharmaceutical Tax Planning
Johnson & Johnson’s Global Tax Department is currently recruiting for a Senior Manager, Global Tax Planning for the Pharmaceutical Sector responsible for developing and implementing tax strategies, managing key tax projects and processes, and resolving tax issues related to the Global Pharmaceutical Business. This position will report to the Director, Global Pharmaceutical Tax Planning based in EMEA.
This position will collaborate closely with a variety of groups including the Global Tax Operations, Supply Chain Finance, Global Transfer Pricing and Disputes, and Regional/Country Finance and Business Leaders. The successful candidate must be a self-directed individual, able to exercise a high level of independent judgment, execute activities in a highly complex environment, and possess strong communication, business partnering and people management skills.
The Senior Manager will manage a portfolio of projects, audits and processes related to one or more of the following areas depending on business activities and priorities:
- License, acquisitions, collaborations and divestiture transactions – collaborate with various business partners, including Tax Counsel Group, to advise on transactions and manage the implementation phase.
- Product Sourcing Strategies – collaborate and advise Supply-Chain and Supply-Chain Finance on sourcing strategies for new and existing products including Subpart F mitigation strategies and compliance.
- Manage operational and/or product transfer pricing process and strategies
- Lead redesign of key Pharm Tax Processes related to the implementation of the new SigniFi environment
- Manage all tax reporting obligations and FIN 48 reserve analysis related to assigned projects
- Manage all effective tax rate implications for assigned projects and businesses
- Ensure all inter-company agreements are drafted and in place for assigned projects
- Advise on Global Mobility Issues for EMEA region
- Advise on tax matters for Supply-Chain initiated projects
- Advise on ERP Design and Data Structure for supported businesses
Other responsibilities include:
- Manage, provide oversight and develop Senior Tax Analysts assigned to support respective projects
- Assist VP of Tax Planning for Pharmaceuticals on other priority projects as required
- Monitoring and advocating for tax legislation in major countries
- Support other department initiatives such as DE&I, recruiting, and talent development
BS/BA in Law, Finance or accounting required
Master in taxation/JD/MBA highly preferred
Minimum of 12 years corporate, international tax experience required
In-house tax experience required
Experience in the Life-sciences Sector highly preferred
Strong knowledge of and practical experience with transfer pricing required
Experience with tax audits required
Statutory and tax reporting experience required
Experience with design tax processes and ERP design required
Knowledge of J&J Tax and Accounting policies, procedures and requirements preferred
Strong communication and business partnering skills required
Proven track record of inclusive team leader and talent development
Up to 10% travel required
Location: Belgium, Switzerland or Ireland