Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC, a Johnson and Johnson Company, is recruiting for a Principal Scientific Account Lead, Value and Evidence Scientific Engagement – Field, to support WESTERN US Region. The candidate would ideally reside within the territory.
The Principal Scientific Account Lead (SAL), V&ESE – Field, is responsible for providing fair-balanced, objective, scientific/clinical information to external and internal customers across all the key products within the Janssen Pharmaceutical portfolio. External customers can include Managed Care Organizations (MCOs), large physician groups, Group Purchasing Organizations (GPOs), Pharmacy Benefit Management (PBM) companies, Governmental Agencies (CMS and VA/DoD System), Medicare, Medicaid, Long Term Care (LTC) facilities and Integrated Delivery Networks (IDNs), and Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs) in the assigned region/geography.
The Principal SAL is also responsible for supporting and partnering with key internal business partners, primarily the Strategic Customer Group (SCG). This individual will contribute to business planning and internal business partner teams by providing strategic clinical input, pharmacoeconomic/health outcomes input and customer insight. The Principal Liaison maintains a high level of key account management and builds external relationships with recognized experts in managed markets/health care systems. The Principal SAL will also work closely with in-house Outcomes Research and Population Health colleagues, as well as their management, to facilitate training, professional development, and take responsibility for leading national level projects where he/she will function as the RWV&E- Field point person. The Principal SAL will also develop and maintain strategic territory plans, as approved by their management, as well as coordinate strategies with the national accounts team(s) as needed.
The Principal SAL attends and actively participates in select medical/outcomes research meetings, advisory boards and internal meetings with the goal of developing and implementing strategic clinical programs in conjunction with the Outcomes Research Directors and Population Health Teams to impact current and future research strategy and designs, as well as current and future value propositions of both commercial and pipeline North America Pharmaceutical products.
The Principal SAL has mastered the Senior SAL position and is able to serve as a mentor, role model and resource to colleagues and to contribute to the department’s success. This individual has a proven leadership track record with exceptional communication, collaboration and prioritization skills. The Principal SAL is responsible for conducting all activities in accordance with current regulatory and health care compliance guidelines.
External Customer Support, in conjunction through compliant joint interactions with the Strategic Customer Group (specifically Major Markets and IBG teams) to:
- Partner effectively and communicate scientific, therapeutic and outcomes-related knowledge to a diverse customer base, including MCOs, Medicare, Medicaid, Patient Advocacy, PBMs, GPOs, IDNs/Hospital Systems and LTC facilities
- Integrate in-depth scientific, clinical, economic, healthcare market, and environmental considerations into a compliant strategic account plan, with a clinical response to the customer that delivers a solution to scientific inquiries
- Develop and posit creative solutions by applying clinical/scientific/economic/healthcare expertise, as well as organizational knowledge, to facilitate successful collaborations and partnerships
- Facilitates understanding of key company resources to customers and how they provide solutions for the customer
- Uses if-then thinking/critical thought analysis to anticipate obstacles and next steps to execute an integrated strategic plan
- Identifies areas of potential need/gaps within their territory, and works with management to develop and execute plans regarding proactive outreaches as approved via the legal/HCC/CAC process
Department Operations and Internal Partner Support:
- Establishes ongoing systems/habits/networks in addition to planned trainings to maintain thorough understanding and demonstrated competence in the following areas: all Janssen TA portfolio and pipeline products, scientific data and relevant objectives; JSA and V&ESE mission, vision and operating principles; relevant market dynamics and competitive landscape; regulatory and health care compliance guidelines affecting JSA and pharmaceutical industry; corporate policies on appropriate business conduct and ethical behavior; all SOPs and guidelines affecting JSA/Janssen; all requirements for appropriate behavior and documentation of activities
- Proactively communicates with supervisor and relevant business partners
- Proactively works with FD supervisor on professional developmental plans, including implementation steps and timelines for completion
- Contributes to outcomes research projects/publications/tool implementation and/or work streams as identified and as approved by management.
- Actively listens and records scientific voice of customer/payer, providing analysis and scientific significance
- Develop and maintain a territory scientific landscape plan, as approved by management, to identify major systems of care, research capabilities, and interdependencies in the delivery of regional and national health care
- Serves as a mentor to peers in the areas of effective customer interaction, application of technology, and company processes
- Completes all required and relevant training/exams with an acceptable passing score
- Performs all administrative requirements in a timely, accurate and compliant manner (e.g. expense reports, iConnect documentation, Unsolicited requests for medical information, etc.)
- Minimum of a Master’s degree or Advanced degree (PharmD, PhD, MD) is preferred, in Scientific, clinical and/or outcomes related discipline
- At least 4 years post-graduate experience in the pharmaceutical industry in a clinical field capacity or a related field, Residency/fellowship preferred.
- At least 2 or more years plus of industry experience preferred.
- Advanced training or experience in health economics, pharmacoeconomic, health care policy, quality of life research or pharmacoepidemiology preferred.
- Must have mastery of the Scientific Account Lead (SAL) role, with at least 2-3 plus years in the role of the Senior SAL or its equivalent (Clinical Advisory role) is required.
- In-depth understanding of regulatory and healthcare compliance guidelines/policies is required.
- Must be fluent in the English language and have excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Expected to work 40 hour work week, with flexibility on occasion to work additional hours when needed
- Must be able to lift and transport work materials
- Travel by air, domestic and international including overnight and weekends as needed, as job requires approximately 50-70% travel
- A valid driver’s license and ability to operate an automobile.
The anticipated base pay range for this position is $129,500 to $194,000.
The Company maintains highly competitive, performance-based compensation programs. Under current guidelines, this position is eligible for an annual performance bonus in accordance with the terms of the applicable plan. The annual performance bonus is a cash bonus intended to provide an incentive to achieve annual targeted results by rewarding for individual and the corporation’s performance over a calendar/ performance year. Bonuses are awarded at the Company’s discretion on an individual basis.
This position is eligible for a company car through the Company’s FLEET program.
Employees may be eligible to participate in Company employee benefit programs such as health insurance, savings plan, pension plan, disability plan, long-term incentives, vacation pay, sick time, holiday pay, and work, personal and family time off in accordance with the terms of the applicable plans. Additional information can be found through the link below.
For additional general information on company benefits, please go to: https://www.careers.jnj.com/employee-benefits
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional, and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.