Johnson & Johnson Vision, a member of the Johnson & Johnson family of companies, is recruiting for a Director of Professional Relations & Advocacy, located in Jacksonville, FL.
At Johnson & Johnson Vision, we have a bold ambition: to change the trajectory of eye health. That’s why, through our operating companies, we’ve developed solutions for every stage of life—to help people see better, connect better, and live better. We partner with eye care professionals to provide some of the world’s leading products and technologies to address refractive error, cataracts, dry eye, and beyond. We are committed to using our reach and size for good and strive to put quality eye care within reach of everyone, everywhere. Visit us at www.jjvision.com. Follow @JNJVision on Twitter and Johnson & Johnson Vision on LinkedIn
The successful candidate for this position will create the strategy for maximizing the relationships with professional organizations that are responsible for leading the optometric profession’s academic, research and advocacy efforts. They will be responsible for the negotiation and execution of professional sponsorships, as well as developing JJV advocacy efforts in partnership with J&J State and Federal Government Affairs, to prepare the market and condition the legislative and regulatory environments for future eye health growth.
They will lead a team that works closely with NA Professional Affairs, Marketing, Sales, Data & Insights, Connected Solutions, and Government Affairs teams, within Health Care Compliance & Privacy policies, to achieve and execute defined strategies through these channels. All efforts shall be guided by the NA business strategy while using data and insights to help with continual process improvement.
In addition, they must have excellent communication skills both written and spoken to create and share content with professional audiences via newsletters, webinars, or live podium presentations.
This person must have a strong working knowledge of how professional organizations are structured and work, to be able to interface with their leadership teams for greatest impact for JJV.
- Ensure the planning and execution of the North America Professional Relations & Advocacy team’s mission and goals, in alignment with business strategies for NA Professional Affairs and Vision Care.
- Foster a high-performance environment and culture of inclusion, collaboration and innovation.
- Enable strong collaboration with cross-functional teams including NA Professional Affairs, Marketing, Regional Sales, Cross Functional Comm’s Team, Data & Insights, Government Affairs, Legal, Regulatory, Health Care Compliance, and Privacy to ensure seamless support of sponsorship deliverables and advocacy initiatives.
- Execution of critical projects, program deployment and lead oversight of program budget, metrics, logistics, contracting, and compliance as related to HCP Relationship Operations.
- Develop analytical models to measure and predict trends, efficiencies, and effectiveness of sponsorship programs within Health Care Compliance policies/guardrails. Strong budget management.
- Ensure responsibility for assuring necessary strategies, tools, policies and procedures are developed and integrated to support and comply with all legal, regulatory, Johnson & Johnson policies and HCC & Privacy policies to include Advamed, PharMa, etc.
- OD or OD equivalent required.
Experience and Skills:
- A minimum of 10 years of experience – managing and leading in the areas of Eye Care and/or Adult Learning or Education
- Proven ability to influence and partner with diverse multi-functional teams across geographic boundaries
- Strong vision care/patient care experience
- Possess a broad network of optometric KOL relationships in advocacy, organizations, and academia is strongly preferred
- History of professional volunteerism such as leadership roles in state association, committee assignments, and/or advocacy experience at a state or federal level is strongly preferred
- This position will be based out of Jacksonville, Florida
- Overnight travel up to 40% may be required
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com.