Johnson & Johnson MedTech, a division of Johnson & Johnson Inc. (JJMT), markets and distributes medical technologies for use in hospitals across Canada. JJMT focuses on providing minimally invasive treatment options spanning various medical procedures and disease states. Among the products represented by its various business units are: surgical instruments, orthopedic implants, hemostatic products, cardiovascular and neurovascular diagnostics and treatment.
The Health Economics and Market Access Center of Excellence (HEMA CoE) shapes the innovation strategy, delivers differentiated evidence, unlocks reimbursement & market access and disseminates evidence.
The Johnson & Johnson MedTech HEMA Centre of Excellence is recruiting for Interns, located in Markham, Ontario to support global projects and/or initiatives. These projects will support the CoE’s efforts to articulate the value of important innovation and shape the market to drive access for patients and growth for the organization. This is done through a collaborative approach understanding bottlenecks, critically assessing clinical and health economic evidence, modeling the impact of our technologies and translating the knowledge in a way to influence internal and external partners.
- Analyzing and drawing insights from data
- Performing statistic analysis on large dataset
- Collaborate in real world evidence based studies and publications
- Assisting, reviewing or adapting health economic tools
- Participate/support global projects and/or process improvement initiatives
- Assignments will be significant and meaningful.
QUALIFICATIONS – EXTERNAL
Experiences and Skills:
- Enrolled in a data science, science or business master’s degree program and strong understanding of data science and statistics
- Strong analytical skills, able to analyze and interpret complex data from multiple sources
- Able to critically appraise clinical/health data
- Proficiency in SAS and/or R
- Proficiency in MS Office software, especially Excel
- A strong teammate with initiative who collaborates well with internal/external partners
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .
Diversity and inclusion are central elements of the shared culture across the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. Attracting, developing, and retaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities is essential to our success. We are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive, and accessible work environment where all employees can achieve their potential.