Johnson & Johnson is currently recruiting for a Legal Counsel, Nordics (New Consumer Health Company). This position will be based in Helsingborg, Sweden.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products, and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $82.1 billion in 2020 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products and a provider of related services for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen. Thriving on diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees, and committed to inclusion.
Proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based healthcare Company, touching the lives of nearly a billion people every day. Our Family of Companies throughout the world compete in consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices & diagnostics markets and have the skills and resources to tackle the world's most pressing health issues.
Johnson & Johnson announced plans to separate our Consumer Health business to create a new publicly traded company. The process of the planned separation is anticipated to be completed within 24 months, and it will be subject to legal requirements including consultation with works councils and other employee representative bodies, as required, and other customary conditions and approvals.
It is anticipated that, following the conclusion of the transaction, this position may be conveyed with New Consumer Health. In that case, details of any planned changes would be provided to the successful candidate by New Consumer Health at an appropriate time. They would be subject to any necessary consultation processes.
- The candidate will advise on a broad range of legal issues for the sales and marketing teams, including applicable national and EU legislation, advertising, commercial contracts, intellectual property, competition law, digital projects and compliance matters. The candidate will work closely with the marketing and shopper teams on advertising and promotional campaigns across brands for digital and offline platforms
- The candidate will also be the primary point of contact for legal support for the Helsingborg (Sweden) manufacturing site and will support and advise on a broad range of legal issues related to manufacturing, including supply chain and procurement, and R&D
- There is the opportunity to support the Nordics Leadership Team
- The candidate will report to the Legal Director as part of the Northern European Consumer Health Legal team. They will also connect with the broader legal team on cross-regional areas of work or projects
- A master's law degree from an accredited university in Sweden or similar jurisdiction
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience relevant to the responsibilities set forth above either in-house or at a major market law firm
- Proficient in written and spoken English
- Strong transactional skills in commercial and/or corporate areas, attention to detail, and the ability to review contracts for conformity to policies and identify and assess risk
- Strong team working skills, including relationship management, interpersonal, communication (both written and spoken), and negotiation and organizational skills
- Consultative style, with proven ability to think strategically, develop creative and compliant solutions, and apply strong analytical skills
- Strong communicator with the ability to make the complex simple and a highly effective collaborator in a team-based, fast-paced, matrix environment, working internationally in virtual teams
- You can travel up to 20% of the time
- Experience with advertising law, consumer protection law, and competition law
- Experience with manufacturing and R&D activities is a plus
- Understanding of the healthcare sector and FMCG industry
- Significant transactional experience at a law firm
- Strong ability to design, develop and lead strategic and process improvement initiatives
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and listening skills. Prepared to speak up, present, and actively participate in business and legal discussions
- Ability to manage complex issues, think strategically, understand the business goals and perspectives and exercise good judgment
- Deals well with ambiguity and demonstrates the strong organizational, process, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in an international matrix environment with various functions and with senior management
- Profound commitment is expected to quality, vision, and high ethical, legal, and compliance standards
- Ability to manage conflicts in an open and constructive manner
- Good self-awareness, constructive mindset, eager to seek and receive feedback