Responsible for managing the delivery of Payroll services that are timely, accurate and compliant with Company policies and Federal, State and Local regulatory requirements. Provide guidance and support for processing of Compensation, Benefits, Time & Attendance, Interface files and payment requests. Implements payroll strategies and maintains operational procedures to support payroll processing and reconciliations. Responsible for the compliant management and reporting of overpayments and fulfillment processes.
- Define key tasks or activities and indicate percentage of time required to perform each task.
- Responsible for managing the delivery of Payroll services that are timely, accurate and compliant with Company policies and Federal, State and Local regulatory requirements.
- Provide guidance and support for processing of Compensation, Benefits, Time & Attendance, Interface files and payment requests.
- Implements and maintains operational procedures to support payroll processing and reconciliations.
- Responsible for all reconciliations related to the processing of Compensation and Equity, Benefits, Time & Attendance, interface files and payment requests.
- Responsible for the compliant management of overpayments and fulfillment processes including claims, repayments and reporting
- Assures operations and deliverables meet or exceed organizational objectives.
- Responsible for the management, development, communication and continuous improvement of processes for Payroll Operations activity.
- Support payroll activity related to mergers & acquisitions.
- Create and use metrics to drive performance, identify trends and process improvements, as well as, escalate issues as appropriate with proposed solutions.
- Indentify, plan and initiate process improvement initiatives; assist in the prioritization of service center resources to complete them.
- Responsible for the development of internal and external communications for payroll related matters.
- Manage reconciliation and control reports, including gross payroll, tax deductions, benefit deductions, etc.
- Compliance and Strategic Thinking:
- Provide input into strategy planning sessions, participate in decision-making from a practicality and implementation perspective.
- Responsible for maintaining all compliance requirements for assigned Payroll processes.
- Support the development and execution of the SOX Program (404)
- Support internal audits, external audits (PwC) and government audits.
- Liaise with Operating Companies to discuss escalated issues, policies, procedures and review service quality and metrics, make recommended adjustments as necessary.
- Organization Development:
- Maintain and enhance Payroll team performance to improve effectiveness and efficiency and support strategic direction.
- Develops, coaches and mentors a high performance motivated team.
- Sets annual goals and develop effective career and development paths.
- Encourages continuous learning design and implement customer service improvement initiatives.
- Effectively manage employee performance using established company tools/methodology. Provide input into recommend compensation, recognition, transfer, promotion, or other personnel decisions. Assure that company policies and practices are followed, and set an example for team members
- Recruit and hire staff as appropriate.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Previous experience in Payroll operations, accounting, or service center role.
- Significant analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in order to communicate with customers, peers, and vendors.
- A sense of urgency in solving customer inquiries and requests to ensure timely resolution and an ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Experience in developing/improving Payroll processes to maximize efficiency & deliver quality services
- Comfortable in handling ambiguity and fluid situations, demonstrating a pragmatic approach
- Experience of successfully managing multiple priorities & projects through successful delivery & implementation
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact skillfully and confidently with internal stakeholders and colleagues to develop ideas, identify opportunities, and influence outcomes.
- Proficient understanding of payroll process controls, financial compliance, and regulations
- Knowledge of standard business practices and professionalism in a customer service environment are essential.
- Ability to work in a team based environment as a model of customer service, teamwork, and leadership. Readiness to work with team members to ensure coverage for our customers. Attention to detail is a must.
- Strong ability to lead, manage, mentor, and delegate as appropriate by disseminating knowledge and techniques.
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) or other designation is strongly desireable but not required.
- Experience with an ERP system (Payroll modules of SAP preferred)
- Experience with Payroll applications preferred
- Exposure to contact center applications (especially case management) preferred
- Ability to influence others, identify problems and recommend course of actions.
- Experience with Microsoft tools
- Demonstrated ability to successfully provide feedback and coach associates on team regarding difficult situations, while providing line of sight to desired outcomes and standards
- Ability to excel in a team environment using conflict resolution; problem solving, strong leadership, modeling and facilitation skills.
- Ability to maintain a professional and highly confidential attitude due to the nature of this department
- Able to multi task and meet deadline
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies in Japan strongly recommends prospective employees to complete the COVID-19 vaccination before or as soon as after joining our company to prevent the spread of infection among our employees and people around them as well as our customers and the community we serve, and to ensure our responsibilities are sustainably fulfilled as a healthcare company (except for those who cannot vaccinated with underlying medical conditions and other circumstances).