Ethicon, a member of Johnson & Johnson's family of Companies, is recruiting for a Staff Facilities Engineer located in Cornelia, GA.
Ethicon, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, has made significant contributions to surgery for more than 60 years from creating the first sutures, to revolutionizing surgery with minimally invasive procedures. Our continuing dedication to Shape the Future of Surgery is built on our commitment to help address the world's most pressing health care issues and improve and save more lives. Through Ethicon's surgical technologies and solutions including sutures, staplers, energy devices, trocars and hemostats and our commitment to treat serious medical conditions like obesity and cancer worldwide, we deliver innovation to make a life-changing impact. For more information, visit www.ethicon.com.
Are you interested in making a difference in a thriving diverse company culture, that celebrates the uniqueness of our employees and is committed to inclusion? Apply today for this exciting opportunity!
In this role the Staff Facilities Engineer will be responsible for the reliable and complaint of the Facilities and Utilities Operations thru the Integrated Facilities Management model that includes the Hard and Soft Services (i.e. Utilities, janitorial, pest control and landscaping, handyman, Cafeteria and Security services). Also, responsible for Facilities Business Continuity, and support to Strategic projects and Capital Investment.
- Manage the instrument calibration program in compliance with Ethicon Franchise governing documents for calibration.
- Review and approve all site-specific calibration based documents (Ensure all site procedures are aligned with Franchise documents, ISO and FDA regulations).
- Maintain the calibration CMMS system updated with all pertinent instrument information.
- Provides leadership to employees to ensure that all calibration and calibration related equipment meet operational performance and utilization requirements.
- Interprets company and area policies and procedures to employees, enforces safety and compliance to environmental control procedures and QSR/ISO regulations.
- Represent the calibration team and act as subject matter expert (SME) for the review of maintenance/calibration records during all regulatory audits (FDA, ISO, internal regulatory, etc.).
- Continually assess the calibration program and identify potential gaps with current Quality Systems Regulations (QSRs).
- Assist with external calibration vendor audit requirements and ensure calibration vendor listings to ASL.
- Review new technologies and practices in order to evaluate for Ethicon use.
- Supervision of the instrument technicians, providing daily guidance and assessing job performance.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering is required. Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering is preferred.
- Minimum of 6 years of related work experience is required.
- Experience and knowledge of metrology and calibration processes is required.
- Basic management & supervision of both in-house and contracted personnel is required.
- Electrical and mechanical maintenance experience is preferred.
- Electrical power distribution experience is preferred.
- Environmental and safety policies and guidelines knowledge is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of maintenance management systems and Maximo is preferred.
- Prefer knowledge of lean manufacturing and manufacturing processes such as Just in Time (JIT), KANBAN, and Pull Systems.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Power Point, Microsoft Project, and other specialty software as required.
- Project engineering and manufacturing experience is preferred.
- Capable of reading & reviewing technical, design and construction plans & drawings is preferred.
- Availability to travel up to 10% domestic.
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .]