Johnson & Johnson is recruiting for a Technology Service (TS) ASPAC Source/Mater Data Management (MDM) Engineer , located in Japan to be the Source/MDM workstream technology lead for the ERP Transformation initiative Transcend, Supply Chain Digitalization program. Globally, J&J has been under system migration from current local template to Global S4 Hana template in last couple of years. Japan will be the first country in ASPAC where to start this migration project. The person will be in part of initial member in ASPAC migration team who will participate not only limited in Japan migration but also rest of ASPAC with over 10 team members who will be consisted by various countries in ASPAC and playing various roles in the project.
The successful candidate will lead the end to end Transcend Source/MDM Design and Deployments for ASPAC, and rollout of future Source/MDM functions, processes in the region while partnering with global and regional Japan IT partners and external technology partners.
The Source/MDM Engineer will be responsible for the building solutions, estimations, planning, co-ordination and implementation of the advance and robust Source/MDM solutions, along with Integrations between SAP S4 Hana and master data management systems. In addition, he/she will be accountable for stewardship of the Source inbound solutions and MDM platform in the ASPAC region ensuring integrity, robustness of the related application. This role requires a combination of procurement business process knowledge for Sourcing, Procurement, along with deep knowledge of Master Data Management. Master Data Management would be a key responsibility for this role while partnering with our MDM business teams building compliant workflows, define master data maintenance tools and strategies.
This role will report to Supply Chain Solution Architect Lead in the ASPAC located in Japan.
SAP Engineer serves as the conduit between businesses and technology. In general, they oversee all aspects of a systems solution, including estimations, detailed designing, cross functional impacts, product life cycles. Using their analytical and problem-solving skills, SAP Engineer craft adaptable, comprehensive suites appropriate for each platform. Transforming the Supply Chain applications/software will be a major undertaking in this role.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees, and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
- Lead the Source/MDM Work stream as Principal Solution Architect in the region for the Transcend project. Key ASPAC TS partner for regional and global TS and Business Technology Lead (BTL) teams. Owner & architect of the Source/MDM solutions in the region.
- Leads Source/MDM workstream which will deliver Transcend projects and/or operational enhancements. Drives estimation, project planning, build, test, and deploy processes while following approved J&J standard policies and procedures (e.g. Software Development Life Sycle, Agile) Coordinate and schedule project releases while protecting the integrity of existing platforms by ensuring regression testing criteria is successfully met prior to deployment of software releases.
- Ensures coordinated communication between all partners throughout the project lifecycle. Support risk management/mitigation
- Leads full lifecycle implementations, as well as project release planning and management reviews. Participate in cross-platform release planning and management reviews with peers. Helps facilitate the collection and reporting of metrics. Investigates emerging technologies, new capabilities, automation, and highlights opportunities that drive continuous improvement of the service, its use in solutions, and how the service inter-operates with other services.
- Perform industry benchmarking to identify external and internal trends and innovation related to the service strategy and design. Interact with multi-functional teams, to ensure complete delivery of solutions.
Experience and Skills:
- Business Level of English (TOEIC over 850) (Japanese is plus but not must)
- Healthcare industry or FMCG industry is prefer but not must (other manufacturing industry experience is fine)
- At least 5 years’ experience in end-to-end SAP projects with a minimum of 3 full life-cycle implementation of SAP MM/MDM. S4HANA project experience is a plus.
- Hands on SAP MM, Ariba system knowledge along with key master data elements material master, customer master and vendor masters along with other master data elements like source list, Purchasing Info Record, master recipes, Bill of Material etc.
- Good knowledge/experience of SAP EDI/IDOC, intercompany order process, Data management/migration, etc
- A proven ability to identify, design, develop and implement SAP solutions that meet the unique needs of the customer, experience in leading a project from start to finish is a must
- Broad SAP knowledge with direct experience in data migration and interface development in addition to functional consulting
- Deep understanding of cross functional integration across SAP
- Must understand the entire suite of advanced capabilities within the platforms to improve the cross platform sharing potential.
- Partner externally with the regional service teams and internally with the peer service engineer teams is a critical job component.
- Requires a solid background in work estimation, and execution to facilitate scope estimation.
- Intimate Understanding of the following: SAP Technologies and Platforms, Agile/scrum and Software Development Life Cycle processes, and Lean Methodology
- Possesses capability to able to solve complex business problems and present recommendations to management effectively
- Possesses good planning, organizational, analytical, and decision-making skills
- Independently define, craft, and drive projects to completion while effectively collaborating strategically with peers.
Potential for 10% regional travel during peak periods of projects
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies in Japan strongly recommends prospective employees to complete the COVID-19 vaccination before or as soon as after joining our company to prevent the spread of infection among our employees and people around them as well as our customers and the community we serve, and to ensure our responsibilities are sustainably fulfilled as a healthcare company (except for those who cannot vaccinated with underlying medical conditions and other circumstances).