Abiomed, part of Johnson & Johnson MedTech, is a leading provider of medical devices that provide circulatory and respiratory support, with a mission of recovering hearts & saving lives. Abiomed's "Patients First!" culture drives our skilled workforce and strong relationships with clinicians. Our innovative product portfolio and robust pipeline provide us the incredible opportunity to bring lifesaving technology to more patients around the world than ever before. Founded in 1981, Abiomed has a proven track record for growth, integrity and innovation.
Patients First | Innovation | Winning Culture | Heart Recovery
The Embedded Software Test Co-op will be involved in software test initiatives. With defined requirements, the candidate will be responsible for designing, implementing, and testing software tools such as log analysis tools that will help engineers do their work more efficiently. The candidate is responsible for verifying and validating the performance-enhancing software used in ABIOMED’s family of products.
· Design, develop, execute manual/automated test cases to verify software design.
· Collaborate with engineers to enhance the capabilities of test automation framework.
· Collaborate with cross-functional teams and technicians to design and develop test fixtures.
· Junior, Senior, or Grad student pursuing a degree in computer engineering or electrical engineering, biomedical engineering.
· Strong design, testing and analytical skills required (e.g. engineering and statistical analysis) Proficient in C, python, shell programming.
· Knowledge of using an oscilloscope, multimeter, and other software debugging tools
· Good to have prior experience in designing fixtures and tools for test automation.
· Demonstrated communication skills, both written and verbal
· Self-motivated. Execute tasks in a timely manner without direct supervision.
Abiomed is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Abiomed will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law. Abiomed maintains a drug-free workplace.