Abiomed, part of Johnson & Johnson MedTech, is a leading provider of medical devices that provide circulatory and respiratory support, with a mission of recovering hearts & saving lives. Abiomed's "Patients First!" culture drives our skilled workforce and strong relationships with clinicians. Our innovative product portfolio and robust pipeline provide us the incredible opportunity to bring lifesaving technology to more patients around the world than ever before. Founded in 1981, Abiomed has a proven track record for growth, integrity and innovation.
Patients First | Innovation | Winning Culture | Heart Recovery
The Data Engineering team at Abiomed is looking for a co-op to help us build the next generation of cutting-edge data analytics tools. The candidate will work with our team to develop new skills for a voice digital assistant app to deliver robust analytics to our teams in real-time. Excellent opportunity to learn valuable skills while contributing to a new product release.
The student will:
· Collect user needs through interviews to scope backlog of new skills.
· Design and test new intention detection algorithms.
· Design query logic and output visualizations for new skills.
· Assist in connecting/integrating new data sources into existing architecture.
· Junior, Senior, or Grad student pursuing a degree in data science, computer science, computer engineering, software engineering, or statistics.
· Proficient in web-based programming languages (any of JS, TS, Go, C#)
· Familiarity with basic statistical analysis
· Familiarity with writing database queries (e.g. MySQL, Postgres, etc.)
· Self-motivated, execute tasks with attention to detail in a timely manner
· Demonstrated communication skills, both written and verbal
· Visually oriented with strong graphic design portfolio
· Experience with natural language processing (NLP) through project/coursework
· Cloud experience (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud) through project/coursework
· Contributes to opensource projects or has a personal project portfolio
Abiomed is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Abiomed will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law. Abiomed maintains a drug-free workplace.