Abiomed, part of Johnson & Johnson MedTech, is a leading provider of medical devices that provide circulatory and respiratory support, with a mission of recovering hearts & saving lives. Abiomed's "Patients First!" culture drives our skilled workforce and strong relationships with clinicians. Our innovative product portfolio and robust pipeline provide us the incredible opportunity to bring lifesaving technology to more patients around the world than ever before. Founded in 1981, Abiomed has a proven track record for growth, integrity and innovation.
Patients First | Innovation | Winning Culture | Heart Recovery
The Applied Research -Critical Care team is looking for a co-op to support our early-stage research and development programs. The co-op would be responsible for developing the next-generation algorithms and supporting data analyses. In addition, the co-op will be involved with creating and executing feasibility testing protocols. The student will be an active voice in our weekly team meetings and provide an independent perspective as we evaluate new technologies and applications.
The student will:
· Collaborate with cross functional team members, including clinicians, data scientists in development and refinement of advanced algorithms
· Process and condition physiological signals for analysis
· Analyze retrospective pre-clinical and clinical data and generate conclusions
· Participate in team meetings and design reviews for early-stage programs
· Junior, Senior, or Grad student pursuing a degree in biomedical or mechanical engineering. Electrical engineering or computer science would also be considered with relevant medical device coursework / experience.
· Knowledge of time-domain and frequency domain biomedical signal processing algorithms using MATLAB/Python or equivalent tools.
· Strong design, testing and analytical skills required (e.g. engineering and statistical analysis)
· Demonstrated communication skills, both written and verbal
· Self-motivated and willing to learn and explore new technologies.
· Working knowledge of cardiovascular physiology is a plus
Abiomed is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Abiomed will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law. Abiomed maintains a drug-free workplace.