Abiomed, part of Johnson & Johnson MedTech, is a leading provider of medical devices that provide circulatory and respiratory support, with a mission of recovering hearts & saving lives. Abiomed's "Patients First!" culture drives our skilled workforce and strong relationships with clinicians. Our innovative product portfolio and robust pipeline provide us the incredible opportunity to bring lifesaving technology to more patients around the world than ever before. Founded in 1981, Abiomed has a proven track record for growth, integrity and innovation.
Patients First | Innovation | Winning Culture | Heart Recovery
ABIOMED is redefining team-driven success while reshaping heart recovery. Here, new ideas are welcomed and encouraged, learning is constant, and our dynamic setting enables positive people to do profoundly important work.
If you have: the ability to build and grow strategic partnerships, a keen focus on consistency of methods and moving the company forward, and the desire to make a true impact on patient health, we want to hear from you. Discover your true potential as you work with Suppliers, Manufacturing and Design teams, develop professionally, and contribute to a company imagining the future of heart care.
The Supplier Development Engineer Co-op will support ABIOMED’s primary technical contacts with all US based suppliers, assist with product development team’s supplier initiatives, second source critical suppliers, and establish “Quality at the Source” programs with key partners. This role is a key technical resource for the company’s continued growth, and is a great opportunity for someone to make a difference at one of the fastest-growing medical technology companies, focused on recovering hearts and saving lives.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
· Support product development projects and serve as liaison for actions associated with new supplier requirements
· Outsource and transfer of sub-assemblies from internal production to suppliers
· Assist in the " Quality at the Source" program with the objective of increasing yields at the supplier and qualifying quality inspections at the supplier facility
· Drive capacity projects to meet manufacturing and business needs
· Proactively manage component obsolescence
· Drive second source projects; continuously monitor risk of the existing suppliers /components and define risk mitigation plans
· Support the transfer of product improvements into production utilizing Design for Manufacturing (DFM) principles.
· Lead analysis of defective components in Incoming Inspection and work with vendors to resolve
· Manage supplier process validation activities by applying a risk based approach
- Implement continuous improvement within supply chain
· Grad student pursuing an MS with Engineering, Manufacturing or Supply Chain focus, undergraduate engineering degree preferred
· Understanding of manufacturing process, supplier management, and planning
· Knowledge of lean, six sigma, kaizen, and continuous improvement initiatives desired
· Familiarity with project management terms and concepts, ability to prioritize tasks is a plus
· Ability to communicate ideas and information clearly, effectively and frequently
· Execute tasks in a timely manner without direct supervision
· Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
· Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the US. We will not be able to provide any sponsorship now or in the future.
Abiomed is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Abiomed will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law. Abiomed maintains a drug-free workplace.