Abiomed, part of Johnson & Johnson MedTech, is a leading provider of medical devices that provide circulatory and respiratory support, with a mission of recovering hearts & saving lives. Abiomed's "Patients First!" culture drives our skilled workforce and strong relationships with clinicians. Our innovative product portfolio and robust pipeline provide us the incredible opportunity to bring lifesaving technology to more patients around the world than ever before. Founded in 1981, Abiomed has a proven track record for growth, integrity and innovation.
Patients First | Innovation | Winning Culture | Heart Recovery
As an Electrical Engineering Co-op, you will provide Engineering support to the Impella Product Portfolio, working closely with senior engineers and their programs. Phases of programs typically include feasibility, product development, implementation of changes and design assurance to improve ease of use and overall Impella Pump performance. The successful candidate will be a team player and able to learn quickly while working on multiple responsibilities.
The candidate will support the Impella Console team, working closely with senior Electrical and Electromechanical Engineers. Typical responsibilities include:
- Support the design, build and test and documentation of electromechanical fixtures / prototypes with use of CAD tools
- Provide engineering support for a novel electro-mechanical console
- Hands on design, execute and documentation of engineering tests in lab environments
- Provide support for fiber optic sensors related to the Impella Pump Profiles
- Conduct failure analyses under mentorship of senior Engineering staff
- Assist in hardware, embedded software, firmware design and development
- Senior, or Grad student pursuing a degree in Electrical or Electronic Engineering
- Strong design, testing and analytical skills required (e.g. engineering and statistical analysis)
- Basic hardware experience with embedded systems
- Knowledge of a CAD programs, especially Altium and or Solidworks
- Electrical experience fabricating prototypes/breadboards/PCBs is a plus
- Software Knowledge: C, Python, Matlab is a plus
- Demonstrated communication skills, both written and verbal
Abiomed is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Abiomed will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law. Abiomed maintains a drug-free workplace.