Abiomed is an innovative medical device business with an inspiring mission "Patients First," and a unique guiding company principle " Recovering hearts. Saving lives." With more than 2,000 employees, Abiomed is one of the fastest growing medical technology businesses in the world with corporate headquarters in Danvers, USA, and locations in Aachen and Berlin, Germany, Tokyo, Japan, and Singapore. Abiomed is part of Johnson & Johnson MedTech.
Abiomed is an employer with attractive working conditions and an appreciative corporate culture that focuses on the needs of its employees. Abiomed inspires and retains exceptional talent through collaboration, passion and continuous development.
Senior CSR & Public Affairs Specialist (d/f/m)
This position will join the Sustainability and CSR team within the Abiomed Corporate communications EMEA department in Aachen. The individual will be responsible for managing the CSR and Public Affairs projects and support the set-up of future concepts and structures to ensure quality, consistency, and program success. He or she will work closely with the US-based Corporate Communications team and report to the EMEA Sustainability and CSR Manager.
He or she will assist in planning, developing, and executing CSR and PA activities and support the Employer Branding Campaigns .This person will also support other colleagues in internal and HR communications and patient advocacy program management to ensure seamless and successful program and project communications and collaboration.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support of and participation in the implementation of ESG related projects (e.g. CSRD)
- Support of regulatory monitoring and interpretation of ESG reporting requirements
- Assumption of administrative activities accompanying projects
- Take a responsible role in managing and controlling KPIs, budget and project management
- Participation in interdisciplinary teams / working groups on various ESG topics
- Support for ESG ratings
- Supporting internal and external sustainability communications and updating content on the Internet and intranet
- Communicating the sustainability strategy and raising awareness, e.g. by training employees
- Develop, support and manage CSR projects and events
- Consult other departments in developing and realizing CSR projects. Support departments in realizing their related projects and goals
- Must be comfortable collaborating with Abiomed executives, communications team partners, as well as external physicians with a focus on utilizing resources to further the Patients First mission of Abiomed
Successful candidate will have a university degree with a sustainability focus and technical or business content or a comparable qualification. Relevant experience (at least 5 years) in CSR project management and communication in an agency, company or public organization are required.
- Experience in setting-up and managing professional networks to external stakeholders and decision makers
- Proficiency in the use contact management (CRM tools) and project management tools and abilities
- Competency in issue management and development of talking points and messages
- Calm decision-making, good presenting and communication skills in high-pressure live environments
- Scores with communication skills and can present complex issues in a comprehensible and target group-oriented manner
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to field various requests on any given day
- Strong analytical skills and reporting experience
- Comfortable working on the front lines with the company’s top executives
- Excellent communication, in-person, via email, over the phone, etc.
- Understands company processes, and accurately follows policies and procedures
- A willingness to travel, approximately 40% of the time
- Language proficiency in German & English
ABIOMED is an equal opportunity employer. We support equal opportunities for our employees regardless of ethnic origin, skin color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or nationality.