Abiomed is an innovative medical device business with an inspiring mission "Patients First," and a unique guiding company principle " Recovering hearts. Saving lives." With more than 2,000 employees, Abiomed is one of the fastest growing medical technology businesses in the world with corporate headquarters in Danvers, USA, and locations in Aachen and Berlin, Germany, Tokyo, Japan, and Singapore. Abiomed is part of Johnson & Johnson MedTech.
Abiomed is an employer with attractive working conditions and an appreciative corporate culture that focuses on the needs of its employees. Abiomed inspires and retains exceptional talent through collaboration, passion and continuous development.
Corporate Events Specialist (d/f/m)
This position will join the events team within the Abiomed Corporate communications EMEA department in Aachen. The individual will be responsible for managing the internal engagement events for EMEA employees and external patient advocacy events to ensure quality, consistency, and program success. He or she will work closely with the US-based events team (Corporate Communication department) and the existing EMEA Corporate Events Specialist.
He or she will assist in planning, developing, and executing internal and external events, congresses and group activities.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
· Develop, manage and support internal events, congresses and group activities.
· Responsible for the target archievment, budget planning, management and controlling and advising and steering of suppliers
· Manage and execute the internal engagement and communication related to the planned events and in close collaboration to the EMEA communciation experts and connected other departments
· Consult other departmens in knowledge and ideas about event concepts and elements (suppliers, technology, content etc.)
· Maintain the event related material and stuff (e.g. furniture, booths etc.)
· Support the employer branding activities and events with know-how and realization of external and internal events
· Must be comfortable collaborating with Abiomed executives, communications team partners, as well as external physicians with a focus on utilizing resources to further the Patients First mission of Abiomed.
· Successful candidate will have at least 3 years of relevant experience in event management, communication and/or employer engagement
· Experience in planning, organizing and executing of small and large scale events up to 1.000 people
· Must demonstrate an understand of event management skills, project and budget management and communications
· Proficiency in the use of project management tools
· Calm decision-making and communication in high-pressure live production environments
· Strong organizational skills, with the ability to field various requests on any given day
· Comfortable working on the front lines with the company’s top executives
· Excellent communication, in-person, via email, over the phone, etc.
· Understands company processes, and accurately follows policies and procedures
· A willingness to travel, approximately 35% of the time
· Language proficiency in German & English
ABIOMED is an equal opportunity employer. We support equal opportunities for our employees regardless of ethnic origin, skin color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or nationality.