Abiomed, part of Johnson & Johnson MedTech, is a leading provider of medical devices that provide circulatory and respiratory support, with a mission of recovering hearts & saving lives. Abiomed’s “Patients First!” culture drives our skilled workforce and strong relationships with clinicians. Our innovative product portfolio and robust pipeline provide us the incredible opportunity to bring lifesaving technology to more patients around the world than ever before. Founded in 1981, Abiomed has a proven track record for growth, integrity and innovation.
I Am Abiomed | I Am Heart Recovery | Patients First!
The Field Service Supervisor will be responsible for the management of the strategic and tactical operations of the department to ensure the achievement of business goals and the highest regard for the quality of the product. As the Field Service Supervisor, you will manage a team of internal FSEs team to provide superior service to our customers and patients throughout the lifecycle of Abiomed manufactured capital equipment. The position is based at the Danvers's home office, with some travel as required. Detailed duties are described below.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage a depot Field Service lab of OEM medical devices by Abiomed
- Manage workload, overtime, and overall demand on labor resource planning
- Supervise, manage and be responsible for coaching and training service technicians
- Support the Field Service Operations Manager with all service-related activities
- Manage Field Service Department in providing on-time delivery of services to meet SLA
- Provide accurate and detailed weekly status of department performance to strategic goals
- Support technical and logistical activities to the rest of the world FS needs
- Create and update SOPs and working instructions as needed to support FS operations
- Work with cross-departmental teams to coordinate the launch of new products to market
- Implement continuous improvement and 5S methodology in Field Service department
- Anticipate, supply, and manage FS lab equipment requirements to meet workload
- Assist in interviewing, hiring, and coordinating all field service department employees
- BS in a Business or Healthcare discipline
- 5 plus years of experience in Customer Service/Field Service environment
- Strong Knowledge of lean, six sigma, kaizen, and continuous improvement initiatives. Black Belt preferred.
- Ability to gain cooperation, manage and incentivize a team of direct reports
- Knowledgeable with regulatory guidelines pertaining to medical devices
- Demonstrated critical thinking in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to exercise judgment in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria
- Able to interact well cross-departmentally and with customers
- Strong customer service-oriented skills
- Must be well organized, detail-oriented, and have excellent communication skills
- Ability to communicate ideas and information clearly, effectively, and frequently (oral and written)
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite. Working knowledge of SAP and Salesforce strongly desired
Abiomed is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Abiomed will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law. Abiomed maintains a drug-free workplace.